Girls who have lost it, teens-twenties

Options
Questions for people whove lost the weight but were big from like 12 years old until their mid-late twenties

im curious about skin/stretch marks.

i dont have anywhere that has a huge overhang and only red stretch marks i do have are 1 single one up my abdomen, the rest are silver and were from when i was a kid.

im just wondering what kinds of results you had compared to your concerns?

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have them on my sides and inside my thighs. Ive even noticed some new ones from losing recent weight! They suck!!!!!! Palmers body butter is amazing. I need to start using it more (now I have a reason wink wink!!)
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I got big at the age from around 10 years old and ended up at 254, have lost 44 of that but even with lots (and lots and lots) of weight to go I have lots of sagging skin - to the point where I have taken a trip to a cosmetic surgeon to discuss it.
    I have stretch marks but they are old and silvery as they were from when I was a kiddy.

Some people have better elasticity than others so I am not saying all people who lose weight will end up with stretch marks and sagging skin but I have so far...
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    I got big at the age from around 10 years old and ended up at 254, have lost 44 of that but even with lots (and lots and lots) of weight to go I have lots of sagging skin - to the point where I have taken a trip to a cosmetic surgeon to discuss it.
    I have stretch marks but they are old and silvery as they were from when I was a kiddy.

Some people have better elasticity than others so I am not saying all people who lose weight will end up with stretch marks and sagging skin but I have so far...

how old are you and how tall? i hope you dont mind me asking...

im using palmers body butter for pregnancy and weight loss... hoping it helps, my skins pretty stretchy i think... ive got oily skin, do you think that helps? x
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    I'm only dinky... 5'3.

I'm not really sure to be honest but it surely can't hurt? I was told by a Dr that its better to lose weight young as you have better collagen production levels so it's more likely to tone up than if you were a lot older.

Mine is particularly bad, I look like I have had three 3-sections and my arms are horrid, but then I have seen people much bigger than me lose weight faster than I have and have not a bit of saggy skin on them.

I'm going to the gym now to attempt to tone it up and prevent any further sagging but am not sure how much difference it will make but am keeping optimistic!
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    I'm only dinky... 5'3.

I'm not really sure to be honest but it surely can't hurt? I was told by a Dr that its better to lose weight young as you have better collagen production levels so it's more likely to tone up than if you were a lot older.

Mine is particularly bad, I look like I have had three 3-sections and my arms are horrid, but then I have seen people much bigger than me lose weight faster than I have and have not a bit of saggy skin on them.

I'm going to the gym now to attempt to tone it up and prevent any further sagging but am not sure how much difference it will make but am keeping optimistic!

oh ok, well im 5ft 10, and SW was 236... im gyming it already, are you llifting hun? x
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    I have not been up until recently because I thought it would make my arms look worse, because you can see the line where part of the arm is toned and then the rest which just ...hangs. Urgh. But I am now as I spoke to the GP, she agrees the only option is surgery and when I hit my ideal weight we are going for it. Drastic I know but I have not been able to wear short sleeves outside of my house in 10 years due to my arm related paranoia haha.
    Am now working on toning them up so it makes the surgery easier :)
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    from what i hear, weights really help so make sure you take some befores and afters x
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    Will do, cheers hun
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    While I am currently past the age you are asking about, ( I am 34) I have been heavy most of my life and have been to quite a few Dr's because of it and I will tell you what I have been told. Everyone is different. While it is true that the younger you are the more elasticity your skin has and it does have a better bounce back rate prior to 30 that does not guarentee you will not have stretch marks or a bit of loose skin. I was told (in my mid- late 20's) that hydration is HUGE for your skins health and its ability to repair its self. Also toning as you go is another good way to get it to bounce back. :) Also Nivea has a body lotion with q10 that helps with your bodys elasticity. Good luck :)
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are hereditary. While staying moisturized is important for your skin, there are no lotions or creams that will get rid of stretch marks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Save your money... or go the more invasive route and talk to a cosmetic surgeon about options they might have. Or learn to tolerate the stretch marks. I got most of mine during pregnancy and I've grown to love them.

http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/stretch-marks-can-be-beautiful.html

:)
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    oh i dont care about stretch marks... my slim hubby has them on his legs from growing! not bothered at all!

what i dont want is saggy loose skin... im going to do my best to make sure that doesnt happen!
  • bitofawobble
    Options
    I'm 24....I have a good few stretch marks on my hips (where i gain/lose weight the most i feel) which are all white...i've had them since i first lost weight when i was 14. Now I've gained and am losing again I have got a few new ones on my hips which I guess will go white in time, and I've got quite a few at the tops of my boobs. The boob ones are the ones I dislike the most but they don't really bother me that much. I make sure I always moisturise and I use aloe vera gel on my hips and boobs which seems to tighten the skin and helps them fade a bit. I guess stretch marks have never bothered me that much as so many other women (and men!) have them.
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    agreed bitofawobble...

i have a few on the sides of my boobs, thats from my implants, so expected and lived with...
    mine are on my hips and lower tummy to, i really dont mind them.
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My sister lost a lot of weight quickly when she was younger and she got quite a few stretch marks, but no loose skin, so I can only hope we have inherited the same good gene when it comes to skin elasticity!

I'm trying to tone while I am losing in an effort to avoid the saggy skin. I'd hate to put all this effort in and still not feel comfortable, but I guess there's no way of knowing in advance!