Just Another Teen Girl Who Hates Her Body.

Options
Yep... that's me. 19, 4 feet 10 inches and 125 pounds. I know intellectually that I am not that big, but that doesn't stop me from hating how I look. I have gotten to the point where I actually cried when changing clothes in front of my mirror. I feel wide and stout and dumpy. I am 19. I am a baby, I don't want to have to worry about my weight and feeling fat. I don't want to worry about whether my boyfriend will want to marry me at this weight. I am 19, shouldn't I be out at a kegger instead of worrying that the one beer I may have might slow down my metabolism? I hate whinging about it but it's is incredibly frustrating to feel like I am missing out on a great time in my life becuase of my body image. Please tell me that other people feel this way too...

Replies

• hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    hi! I totally relate... I have never been happy with my body. I am now 118 at 5'4, I started at 133, But I still feel wide and dumpy, I feel like nobody gets it because if your 'small' you can't feel unhappy with your body. Feel free to add me! I am on here everyday

Holly
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lots of people feel this way - otherwise this site wouldn't be operating today. =P I've certainly cried in the mirror. There was a point where I'd try on everything I owned, hate how I looked in all of it, and then just wouldn't leave the house that day because I'd emotionally drained myself and I was too ashamed to go out.

Not so bad anymore, I've gotten more perspective and reevaluated a lot and I'm okay with where I am now - because it's on the track to being fit and healthy again.

If you're unhappy with your body, I can't tell you enough how much making a point to work out 2-3 times a week will do! I'm just starting out on my fitness goals, but working out feels really good when you finally start to see results! You'll feel better about yourself because you're investing time in taking care of yourself, even if what you see in the mirror isn't what you want, you won't have to cry about it anymore because you'll be taking action to do something about it!

Good luck on myfitnesspal, and you can definitely feel free to add me, as well!