Feel stronger some days than others?

Today I feel strong - housework mostly done, good walk/run on the dreadmill, and some ab/pushup work. Yesterday I couldn't get motivated to do anything productive. Anyone else have times like that? do you just accept it and go on, or push yourself to exercise?

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Omigosh, there are days where I feel SO strong, I can last through an hour long workout (cardio AND weights) without changing pace... other days, I feel so tired, like debilitating fatigue, and I can barely last 20 minutes. However, I DO try force myself to get in even a short, weak work out. Even if it's 10 minutes. Otherwise, I'll feel like the entire day was a failure. But that's just me and my weirdness lol

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    it happens, you wouldnt be human if somedays you just felt like going back to bed or not bothering with trying to exercise, I always tell myself just go the gym for 15mins and if you still dont like feel like working out, then leave, but I normally end up staying and the feeling of cant be bothered passes. think sometime you just have to mix it up a bit.
  • I do feel like that sometimes. What helps me decide is if I have been pretty good about doing my exercises regularly or not. if I have, than I give myself a break n not beat myself up when I take some down time. That seems to work for me. Gl!!!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 213 Member
    I feel like that a lot. In fact, my husband and I were just discussing it late last night! LOL. I find that I feel so much better about everything and myself if I can just get the workout done. It's like the momentum carries me through. I suffer from depression year-round (yucky!!) and even medicated it is still hard to make myself do most anything. You can do it, I am telling you exactly what I tell myself. Just try to do one extra little thing. For me, it's taking an extra toy to my kids room that I might ordinarily walk by, or washing one window inside. Or just do my yoga workout instead of Jillian Michaels or strength training. Small steps can lead to big results, and I know you can do it! You are here on MFP, that proves you have the right idea, you are being proactive. Feel free to friend me if you would like, I spend a lot of time on here for encouragement and ideas. Have a great day, and know tomorrow can be just as great too!! :tongue:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Absolutley! I don't know why it is but some days I have way more to give to a workout than others. I figure as long as I makae an effort even on the bad days it is better than giving up.
  • Im the same way. Sometime its a day sometime is a week. One week im going hard and doing great the next is blah
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    I think that's just the way the body works. There are days where everything is clicking and running full bore, there are other days where the body is more conservative and you're not able to dig as deep. Just take it in stride give it all you can each and every day and smile and revel in the good because you did your best!
  • kbusse
    kbusse Posts: 12
    I totally have some major ups and down like this. And often during work or the middle of the day I have all this excitement to get home jump on the bowflex or go for a jog and then something stupid happens before the end of work and I resort to my F it mood. Even when I know burning off some steam will help me feel better in the long run!!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    YES!! YES!! YES!! I notice this!! Being on MFP has helped me identify some things for me that work and some that don't. For example, I find myself feeling very lethargic if I have too many carbs and no protein for breakfast, so now if I have carbs for breakfast (hot cereal) I will have a boiled egg or some cheese for a snack a few hours later and it helps. I also notice, if my calorie intake is low one day, it does make a difference in how strong and/or hungry I feel the next day. I have been doing this for just about a month and am learning a lot.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Definitely. Today I felt so bad, I practically had to drag myself to the gym. I normally get into it when I'm there but today I felt so tired and sluggish like I was forcing myself to work out. Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    I felt tired and achy today. Working out was a real effort. I know I didn't give it as much as I usually do. All I could do is give 100% of what I had. I felt better knowing I had done what I could. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back in full force.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    yes gawd!! some days its cake, some days it painful hard work, but necessary!! i guess it depends on how bad you want to lose!!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    I have those days as well, was going to have one of those days this morning until I watch a P90X commerial and it got me up and done a workout like I havnt done in a long time. I think Im gonna watch the P90X commerial more often...lol