Can't eat....major stomach thing going on!!

Options
Not counting to many calories or anything else for that matter these last two days. Major stomach thing going on and can't keep anything. Drinking water so as not to dehydrate but that doesn't sit well either. Any suggestions for a quick recovery?? Agggghhhhhhhh! Feel like crap!

Replies

• Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Not counting to many calories or anything else for that matter these last two days. Major stomach thing going on and can't keep anything. Drinking water so as not to dehydrate but that doesn't sit well either. Any suggestions for a quick recovery?? Agggghhhhhhhh! Feel like crap!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are sick! :flowerforyou:

Crackers, bananas, apple sauce..easily digested food will help a little. Drink as much fluids as you can but take little sips often.

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I'm sorry! My son has the same thing. :frown: I felt so bad for my little guy this morning. (He's only four). He had popsicles, toast, applesauce, chicken noodle soup, crackers, ginger ale and OJ. When you're sick, don't worry about cals, of course, just rest and stay hydrated! If you want to get some more cals in, drink gatorade, but don't drink the red kind--it's important not to have anything red in your belly if you vomit, so that you don't fret that it's blood coming out.

I think it's only a 24 hour thing, so hopefully if you nurse yourself well, it'll be gone by tomorrow night.

Rest, and get well soon!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Thank you MFPal's.:embarassed:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    White rice is also easy on the stomach when you are sick. I lived on that and popsicles for a few weeks when I was sick once. Not any fun but it was something in my stomach and the popsicles helped to keep me from dehydrating.

I hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've always gone by the BRAT diet with a stomach bug, Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast, thats what my mom always did to help me start eating again, if you start out with something too rich it may upset your stomach even more.

hope you feel better soon.