Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New and determined!

Hi everyone! I started using MFP a couple of weeks ago and have been lurking on the boards since then. I thought it was time to introduce myself and, hopefully, meet some great people to share support with. I've been unhappy with my weight for the past several years, but always found myself making excuses. I'm at my highest weight ever and very quickly approaching my 40th birthday (eeeek!). I finally decided that it's now or never. I've done a really good job with the nutrition part - I'm focusing mainly on eating whole and organic foods. I haven't felt deprived and actually enjoy eating healthy...who knew?? I have a craving now and then, but can usually move past it. The part I'm struggling with is exercise. I've joined a gym, but have only been once this week.

I need a kick in the butt and any tips or support anyone has to get motivated to work out. :smile:

Healthy is the new skinny...

Teri

Replies

• lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 118 Member
    Hello! My one tip that works for me is that I take classes at my local gym. To go to the gym every day and hop on a treadmill and elliptical for an hour just doesn't get me excited. I know I know... people say, "Well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do" but I say if you know what will really get you motivated then try that. I do zumba and kickboxing and it's SO much fun. I now work out twice a day 5 days a week. And now I don't mind hopping on that elliptical for an hour so much because I don't have to do it every day. Maybe that would work for you? If your gym doesn't offer classes there are some free fitness workouts on TV depending on who your service provider is. Those are fun and work too... my son has been sick the past few days so I've been working out from home. Either way, just know that when you exercise you feel so much better, have more energy, and for me I noticeI drink much more water in a day when I workout. Makes drinking 10 cups in a day a cake walk :-)
  • Thanks for the great tip! I've been thinking about going to some of the classes. I'm so out of shape and a little bit of a klutz, so I've been worried that I'd make an idiot of myself. I know that's just an excuse that I keep making. I actually don't mind getting on the treadmill and walking/running, it's just getting my rear end off the couch and into the gym. Once I get there, I'm glad I went. I read something on Pinterest that said you never regret working out, but you always regret it when you don't. That's SO true and I need to remember that!

Thanks again!
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 118 Member
    You're welcome! Trust me... if I can do classes, anyone can! lol And you're right when you say once you're there, you're good and you feel great :-) Feel free to add me if you'd like... love to support!! :-)
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Hi and welcome.

I have to say that my "friends" on here keep me motivated to work out. I see all of the posting their workouts and it helps get me off the couch. Also, I eat most of my exercise calories back, so I know working out allows me an extra treat.