Loss of appetite

Options
it seems that while ive been logging my foods over the last few days my calorie intake is getting less and less and i have zero appetite i feel like im eating not because im hungry but because i just wanna get my net intake as close to 1200 ( minimum ) as i can.

should i force myself to eat more cals to hit the minimum or should i just wait until my body feels hungry?

Normally i love to stuff my face with anything but my appetite has just gone :S

Replies

• chooklady
    chooklady Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are a bit stressed. Food is a good thing, it nourishes you. So eat what is healthy and you can always add some healthy nuts and fruits to get up to very close to what you should be eating. It doesn't take much of those high energy items to make the number go up.
    And perhaps you are not moving and your metabolism is barely ticking over. Go for a walk, get endorphins and kick start your metabolism to work at a healthy rate. (That is all I can think of without seeing your diet etc.) Good luck!
  • Ian214
    Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    well i have been sat of my *kitten* most of the time when not at work, thanks for the advice :)
  • teapotlid
    teapotlid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you don't want to eat too little or your body thinks you're in a famine & starts to operate differently. I don't know the science behind it but it's not good & can mess up your plans!