Drinking and Dieting

Hey MFP Community!

Let me start by saying that this is my third or fourth go-around trying to lose weight with this site. There is something in me that's different this time because I'm totally serious and 100% committed. I think it's the realization that I had a few weeks ago that I'm turning 23 in three months and I need stop acting like a child and start taking care of myself and my health.

My overall goal is to lose 50 lbs but I'm taking this step-by-step and starting with a mini goal of 10 lbs this month and 25 lbs by April 27th (my 23rd birthday). For the mini-goal, I'm doing this plan:
-1,200 calories a day (give or take, but not going over my earned exercise calories)
-JM 30DS every day
-Boxing 2-3 days a week (I train at a private boxing club)

And this is the most important one...

-Keeping drinking down as much as I can without losing my social life!

This is where I need your help. I work in an industry where it is not uncommon to drink in the office or during Happy Hour 3-4 nights per week. This one is easy. I'm only allowing myself 2 week night beverages.

The other one is significantly more challenging: the weekends. I graduated college in May and like my friends, I still party like a freshman. It's not always my drinking that pushes me over my calorie goal--it's the mindless snacking and poor food decisions that I make while doing it. Last night, I had friends over and stuck to 3 (large) glasses of wine. I also made snacks from Hungry Girl so that we wouldn't be tempted to go to a diner like usual. This worked, more or less, but I can't host game nights every weekend!

I'm looking for advice on how to drink-on-a-diet without giving it up altogether. I'm way more willing to compromise on this than I was any other time I was actively using MFP (which means that I'm serious about my goals).

Thank you in advance!