Hello all

Hi everyone. My name is Steve and I am in my fifties and I can honestly say that I have never tried to lose weight and now am realizing I should have. Over the years it seems the pounds have just come on more and more. My goal here is to learn from other members on a good strategy by reading posts because I have zero knowledge on the subject. I’m at 270 now and would love to get to 210 or so. Put on 35 lbs in the last 2 years since I quit smoking and yes I love to cook and eat. Again Hi to all

Replies

• stevewiz
    stevewiz Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Steve and I am in my fifties and I can honestly say that I have never tried to lose weight and now am realizing I should have. Over the years it seems the pounds have just come on more and more. My goal here is to learn from other members on a good strategy by reading posts because I have zero knowledge on the subject. I’m at 270 now and would love to get to 210 or so. Put on 35 lbs in the last 2 years since I quit smoking and yes I love to cook and eat. Again Hi to all
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Steve!

Welcome to the funny farm & good luck to you! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Best of luck to you!!! And as a former smoker as well... I definitely know what it's like to gain weight from quitting those evil things! You'll have fun here, and it'll make you feel better suffering though the craziness with the rest of us!:drinker:
  • stevewiz
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. I started this diet on Monday and have been eating 3 meals a day with a 100-calorie snack at night. My daily calorie totals are 1100-1200. I was reading in here that it might hurt my weight loss by not getting enough calories every day. I guess I will find out Sunday when we get on the scale. I’m in a 12-week competition of percent of weight loss with my wife, daughter and son in law. I think they came up with this for me because they know I like competition and need to lose some pounds. I will let everyone know on Sunday how week one turned out.
    PS So far I have not been hungry at all but a little nauseous in the afternoon with my cabbage soup lunch. Oh ya the cabbage soup also gives me a lot of reading time if you know what I mean. LOL
  • stevewiz
    Wooooo Hoooooooo week one had a drop of 15lbs. Must be all the water weight going. I will see what week 2 brings, wish me luck