Some days I just can't intake enough calories

Options
I am sitting here, 8pm, and still have 500 calories. I just went in to make a healthy smoothie with fresh fruit and yogurt, drank a little of it, but not hungry, and really don't want it. Anyone else have days where you are watching what you eat, so you aren't eating junk, but at the same time really aren't hungry anyway and end up with a large surplus? I know I need to eat more through out the day, and have been doing okay with planning dinner ahead of time so I know how much I need to eat inbetween. But days like today where nothing appeals to me, and days where I just get so caught up in what I am doing I forget to eat. How do you make up that difference, or do you just hope it doesn't effect you too much and just try to do better the next day?

Replies

• Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think its normal to have days like that. I don't think its a problem if your weekly calorie average is close to your goal.
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I try to plan out earlier in the day and if I see I'm going to be super low I'll add in an extra tablespoon of olive oil when I'm cooking, or have some milk, extra cheese, something like that, instead of trying to add in a big snack or something. I still tend to come under my goal, though >.>
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I guess it goes to show that when your eating healthier foods instead of empty calories your body is getting what it needs and isn't so demanding for the junkfood. all the time thats what I am thinking with my not getting all my calories in at times :drinker:
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have that issue because I eat an avocado everyday and also an ounce of raw nuts. They are super nutritious even though they are high in calories and fat.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think its normal to have days like that. I don't think its a problem if your weekly calorie average is close to your goal.

^That's my general opinion as well, if you've already taken in an amount near 1200 or so.

However, if you're aiming to max out at 1200 cals a day, and you've only eaten 700, then I would say try to get at least another 300 cals and then eat an additional 100+ calories tomorrow to even it out. At that point, I might eat some nuts to bring up my cals to a healthier level... or I might eat some ice cream or cheesecake. Being that much under calories is NOT, in my opinion, at all healthier than avoiding cheesecake. :smile: Unless you're diabetic.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You are better off paying attention to what your body is telling you than forcing yourself to eat past the point of satiety just because some automated program is telling you to.