GOOD tasting protein/shake mixes.

Options
I don't use a shake meal replacement at every meal, but I like to use one for breakfast or sometimes as an afternoon snack. I just hate how most taste. The best I've found is the Medifast products. I use mainly vanilla but some chocolate. They are also low in calories so mix + fruit is not bad at all. My hubbie likes Muscle milk (lite) and it's not too bad. Any other ideas on good tasting products?

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    I just got some Bio Chem Sports Whey protein in chocolate and it's actually pretty good! I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a T of peanut butter and sometimes a banana and it's good and I usually hate the taste of whey protein. For what it's worth, the only whey protein bar I've found that tastes good is the Supreme Protein carb conscious peanut butter bars. I keep them in the fridge and they are like a candy bar!
  • deanaimee
    deanaimee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My mother in law gets me Visalus. It's soooo good that I actually crave them. She sells them. Message me if you want to get them from her online store :)

*edited to say* ...... just google it instead. I don't want anyone to think I sell it and get kicked off or something :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm super picky about taste. Best brands for taste?

Muscle Milk (never had the lite, I buy the regular one)

Gaspari (Myofusion)

Dynmatize (sp?)

Syntha 6

All are very good and not gritty. I like ones I can mix with water as well as milk and all of these ones are decent with water too.
  • rla331
    rla331 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    GNC Total lean ready to drink shakes are really good. I drink 2 a day, chocolate flavor. They have 25 grams of protein and only 2 grams of sugar. I love them!
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Gnc amp wheybolic is my new favorite. First one I found that tastes great with just water and ice. Mixes really well also. High protein low carb. No need to use full amount, I split into a few shakes a day. Nobody is designed to absorb 60g of protein at a time, even after a workout. I think 40g is the high average.
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Advanced Strawberry! I add a banana and a half cup of uncooked oatmeal, fresh strawberries and skim milk! Taste wonderful. I drink one after I do my lifting! I think they taste very good!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Medifast but the soy gets to me. I have Wonderslim now and that is not soy based. Also good are EAS Carb Advantage (Sam's Club) and Pure Protein (Sam's Club and Costco). The Pure Protein is by far the best and at 30 grams protein one of the best protein sources for only 160 calories. And it tastes incredible.
  • kayhatlen
    Options
    I just switched to muscle milk lite. Not as good without the extra sugar, but they are really helping me lose weight! It just takes awhile to adjust your palate to less sugar. After awhile you don't miss it so much anymore. :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    myoplex chocolate creme 14oz bottle in the purple package has 210 cals and 25g protein. it tastes pretty great (other than a little chaulky). I have 2 issues with it. It has sucralose in it, and it is 2.99 for 14 oz. Too expensive and I'd rather not drink fake sugar if I can help it.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    GNC Total lean ready to drink shakes are really good. I drink 2 a day, chocolate flavor. They have 25 grams of protein and only 2 grams of sugar. I love them!

The Vanilla Bean ready shakes are delicious too, I have those :) I like to blend frozen strawberries together with one bottle for a smoothie
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    EAS Advantage powder vanilla flavor is tasty and not gritty. I put a scoop in my oatmeal every morning along with some cinnamon. Tasty and a great way to get more protein throughout the day. Pure Protein bars are pretty good and have 18-20 g of protein and 180-200 calories each. Quest bars are amazing, but pricey. Detour products are nasty, unless you really like sugar alcohols.
  • danielleisms
    danielleisms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well, you got a lot of replies but I can tell you I searched a long time for a good tasting protein powder. The Whole Foods 365 Whey Protein Vanilla is the best I've found. No chalky aftertaste and tastes great in a smoothie but you can also mix it with milk or almond milk, etc. :)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology. I just started taking it a week or so ago and really like it.It took me about 2 years or so to take the plunge and get it but I am glad I did.

I also would recommend Miracle Whey by Dr Mercola. It is really tasty.

Both of these products are good for you because are all natural with no chemical ingredients or fillers.
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just tried Sprout's Whey Protein Powder only 80 calories, mixed it with Almond Milk unsweetened 40 calories, 1 tbsp peanut butter and a banana and some ice cubes, blended in my magic bullet.. It was very good.
  • cbo2cute4u
    cbo2cute4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A while ago I tried EAS shakes but my body felt unsatisfied. Now we are using Shakeology. We looked at the research between Shakeology and Visalus and Store bought. I think the most natural, less artificial flavoring, and balanced is best. One that includes a healthy balanced diet instead of food replacement.
  • cbo2cute4u
    cbo2cute4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A while ago I tried EAS shakes but my body felt unsatisfied. Now we are using Shakeology. We looked at the research between Shakeology and Visalus and Store bought. I think the most natural, less artificial flavoring, and balanced is best. One that includes a healthy balanced diet instead of food replacement.
  • Inebriated
    Options
    I just bought Biox Xtreme Power Whey Complex in Chocolate Peanut Swirl. I love the taste and it kept me full for quite a while. One scoop (35g) is 140cals. I mixed mine with water but I'm sure if you mixed it with milk, it would taste even sweeter and the consistency would be more like a milkshake. I definitely think it's worth trying.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the comments. I just wish most shake manufacturer's would give me a sample instead of making me purchase a huge jar!
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My hubby had an issue with the soy in Medifast also. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I'm menopausal! Hah!
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My favorite is About Time protein shakes, I have tried a lot of different shakes and it is the best for me. I also like the taste of Visalus shates, but they only have 12 grams of protein which is not enough for me. You can order samples from about time. Vitalady.com also offers multiple types/brands of shakes and has samples to buy also. Good luck protien shakes can be NASTY.