still hungry

Options
Ok... so I was so proud of myself today for planning out my lunch and dinner very low cal ( a turkey wrap and a lean cuisine). But... I am hungry so soon after my meal that I have had more snacks. Now, I haven't gone over my calories, but I had 5 snacks! Do I need to beef up my meals a little more or what? I don't feel that snacks fill me up either, but it keeps my stomach from growling. I would rather not eat so many . Help please!

Replies

• daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    Ok... so I was so proud of myself today for planning out my lunch and dinner very low cal ( a turkey wrap and a lean cuisine). But... I am hungry so soon after my meal that I have had more snacks. Now, I haven't gone over my calories, but I had 5 snacks! Do I need to beef up my meals a little more or what? I don't feel that snacks fill me up either, but it keeps my stomach from growling. I would rather not eat so many . Help please!
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Because I have found that just drinking enough water helps me feel more full. During lunch today all i had was some greens beans, cup of yogurt, and a soft pretzel, but I drank a whole 20 oz. of Dasani water, and I felt so full! I try to set a goal for myself when I sit down to a meal, especially at a restaurant--a goal to drink at least 1 glass of water or something, and I force myself. It's so good for you and it makes you feel fuller!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Add a cup or two of steamed veggies to dinner. The extra fiber should hold you longer.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Also you could try substituting the lean cuisine for a chicken breast/turkey and green vegetable like broccoli. :flowerforyou: