see-saw susie....

For the past couple of months, I've been back and forth within the same 10lbs. Just lost 3.9 lbs., but so nervous I'll gain it back. Want to break the cycle, and lose two weeks in a row. any suggestions?:cry:

Replies

• glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    I am in the same boat. I am looking at changing up my exercise and food. Not sure if it will help. But I wanted you to know that you are not alone on this...

:)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Keep your calories at 500 below your TDEE, and keep moving and drinking a lot of water.
  • You are definitely not alone. I also struggle. I have been up and down to the point that I am scared I will hurt my health with the high-low-high-low weight patterns.
    I struggle with eating so counting calories does not help the days that I comfort eat.
    Good luck – we are in this together.
  • glowbuggy
    What is the TDEE???
  • glowbuggy
    Comfort eating is an issue for me as well! And weekends!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    TDEE is Total Daily Energy Expenditure. That means it is BMR + the calories you need for your personal level of activity. There is a formula that will add in calories for if you are a sedentary person, lightly active, very active, etc. BMR alone is the base amount of calories to keep you alive if you were to lay in bed all day.
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Same boat...I usually drop a chunk of weight and then see-saw five pounds and then drop again...it's odd but it's the way it seems to go. Plus days off can be a bad time for me...and nights. Guess you have to keep going I guess...