Hi - New here

Options
Hello! I'm Krista. I'm new to MyFitnessPal but certainly not to weight loss programs. I did Weight Watchers for 2 years. GREAT program and i have nothing bad to say about it, I lost 50 lbs on it, however I started only doing it half way, gained some weight back and was bored and with the program change I started getting frustrated and just needed a new system. Something to get me excited and motivated again. A friend of mine had lost a lot of weight using MFP and suggested it to me. I've been at it for a month now and have lost 5 lbs. On one hand I'm having a hard time not saying "ONLY 5 lbs??!?!" but on the right hand I'm saying "YAY!!! 5 lbs gone!!! Yippee!" I did set my counter to lose a pound a week and it's held pretty true to that. I decided to start like that to get used to eating less.

A little about me. I'm 35 and am in school working on a second bachelors degree. I also work part time. Not married but would love to meet someone some day and have a family. I own and work with horses.

I think I've probably written enough for now. LOL I'm looking forward to getting to know some of y'all and keeping motivated through the 100 lbs I have to lose and hopefully motivate others in turn.

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kmparasram
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I just started about a month ago, but I really like it. I joined so I could get back into shape, however I love to see people push and motivate themselves and I congratulate you on taking the first step! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I did ww one time before and lost 40 lbs on it as well... but over time... a major surgery... and pregnancy.... and I gained that and some back..... this to me is easier... but the weight does come off a little bit slower... I've always heard the slower you lose it the harder it is to gain back so we'll see haha... I did really well and lost close to 30 lbs...over thanksgiving and Christmas I gained some of that back and now working off what I had gained back and then back on the wagon to losing again... MFP is an awesome site for motivation and encouragement! Good luck on your journey!
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the jungle, Krista! :wink:

I stand to loose about 100lbs as well.. But starting off with a goal of 50 right now. Feel free to *kitten* me as a friend!
    We can push and encourage each other. Happy MFP'ving!! :flowerforyou:
  • aukmac76
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) Its great to hear such encouraging comments.