Cool Downs

Options
I hate them! Why are they so important? And do you guys count the cool down as part of your session? ie. 35 mins of aroebics + 5 mins of cool down... is it 35 mins of exercise or 40?

Replies

• MissesOfficer
    Options
    I hate them! Why are they so important? And do you guys count the cool down as part of your session? ie. 35 mins of aroebics + 5 mins of cool down... is it 35 mins of exercise or 40?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hate is a horrible word.....why hate allowing your body to adjust the tempo you are asking from it?

walking is a cool down...slow jog,,,,

it depends,,,,if you are using an HRM count it if not,,.,,,forget it

have fun
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Do you do other exercise after you do your cardio?

My personal experience is my cardio workout plus the cooldown but I don't go slow I keep up a fast pace to keep my heart rate up then when I am done I hit the weights to maintain my heart rate-

But if your not doing another form of exercise down than yes you should cool down- it helps just like stretching does.-

If you want to count it as your total time thats completely up to you.

Do you have a HRM (heart rate monitor that tracks your heart rate and your calories burned)??
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Thanks guys... most of the time on the treadmill or elliptical or whatever I do a cool down.. its the stretching cool downs that I don't like... and no I don't have a HRM but they sound like a really good idea!
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    Cool down allows your body and heart rate to recover from your workout. Typically in the first minute you should see a heart rate reduction of 30 beats and after 2 minutes you should see a reduction of 50 beats. Heart rate, whether it is warm up, the workout, or cool down, is the key to loosing fat vs. only burning carbs.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Make friends with stretching. It keeps those muscles long and lean! It also helps prevents injury and all that other good stuff.