Hello

Options
I'm on day three, and I am hopeful that this might really work for me. I have put on 45 lbs. since 2001 and I feel so bad about myself that I now longer allow myself to be included in family photos. It's like I'm erasing myself, and I just don't want to do that anymore.
In the past I weighed myself everyday and my mood went up and down with the weight. This time I am only going to weigh myself once a week. Does anyone else do this?
Anyway - thanks for the site.

Replies

• zuzu
    zuzu Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on day three, and I am hopeful that this might really work for me. I have put on 45 lbs. since 2001 and I feel so bad about myself that I now longer allow myself to be included in family photos. It's like I'm erasing myself, and I just don't want to do that anymore.
    In the past I weighed myself everyday and my mood went up and down with the weight. This time I am only going to weigh myself once a week. Does anyone else do this?
    Anyway - thanks for the site.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hope you reach all of your goals! My advice is to focus on feeling better and being healthy. The weight and inches loss will come. I only weigh myself once a week, granted I mark my progress with monitoring how I'm getting stronger too!
    It is not an easy journey, be stay focused, allow good and bad days and you'll persevere!:smile:

150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I recommend you DON'T weigh yourself weekly, but monthly, and measure yourself every 2 weeks. You'll see a lot of changes in your clothes, etc. and you won't be fretting about the scale going up and down with every little bit of water weight.
  • zuzu
    zuzu Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks! Good advice. Thanks for the support.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: