Budget eating...

Options
I ran into some money issues this paycheck and was not able to buy all the healthy foods that I need to. So I had to get stuff like popcorn chicken, Totinos pizza, rice and things of the like. Being that 1 bag of popcorn chicken will give me 4-5 meals at only $4 a bag versus $4.50 for a bag of salad, $3.50 for grilled chicken, $2.00 for fat free dressing, for a total of $10 for one meal.

I just dont know how I can eat healthy to loose weight on a "Ramen Noodle every night budget" as the Allstate insurance guys says. All of the heathly foods (which I love to eat, they taste great and make me feel better) are just so expensive per meal. If I had my way I would eat nothing but fresh fish, lean beef, grilled chicken breast, fresh vegatables/fruit, sushi grade rice, and actual sushi and never again touch a single processed, pre-packaged, fatty carb loaded food. But as it stands I just cant afford that. I have enough to pay bills and a littel left over to buy food so I have to buy stuff that will stretch, the dollar as well as the plate.

I feel the weight loss battle is completely one sided when I cant afford good food.

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I agree; it is harder when finances are weak! Maybe you could research more what is available at your grocery store before you go; I would imagine there are filling, healthier options that cost the same (and possibly provide more servings) as the Totinos pizza and popcorn chicken. Good luck.