Vege & Beef Lasagne

Options
sugarflywithme83
sugarflywithme83 Posts: 13 Member
Hey guys,

Tonight I made a variation of Lasagne which I thought you all might benefit from the recipe... it was super duper yummy!
I'm in Australia, so I'm posting the products I used.

This serves 8 people.

What you need;
Large Instant Lasagne Sheets (Coles) 250g Entire Box (892 cals)
Weight Watchers Fat Free Cottage Cheese 2 container (450cals)
Minced Garlic (20g; 20cals)
1 Egg Plant (110cals)
Minced Beef (Organic from Aldi) one container, 500g (1153 cals)
Coles Italian died tomatos (in tin) 2 x 400g (152 cals)
Light Grated Chedder Cheese 1/4 500g packet (400cals)
3 large mushrooms (15cals)
Extra virgin olive oil spray (12 cals)
two or three handfuls of fresh spinach
1/4 onion
1/5 a leek
2 carrots
1/2 zucchini
2 flower of brocolli
(I dont count the calories in fresh vegetables, but you can if you want)

Method;

1. lightly sautee spinach in a pain with garlic, place on to a kitchen towelette to drain any oil.
2. slice carrot, zucchini and egg plant and bake for ten minutes in oven.
3. dice leek and onion and sautee it lightly in pan (while vegs are baking) before adding organic mince.
4. once mince is cooked through, add the 2 cans of tinned tomatos and mix in.
5. slice and add mushrooms to the mince and tomatoes. Add zucchini if you wish.
6. once all cooked, using a baking tray or oven-friendly dish, place lasagne sheets down to cover the bottom.
7. layer half of mince over the top, using a wooden spoon to spread over the bottom.
8. add more sheets on top to cover mince.
9. spread cottage cheese (sometimes easier to spread it if you mix it before putting in the dish) over the sheets.
10. layer the spinach, carrot, (tree part only) broccolli, and egg plant over top of the cottage cheese.
11. add one last layer of sheets. add the rest of the mince, and put next container of cottage cheese on top of mince, spread it (doesnt matter if it mixes) liberally over the top.
12. add a layer of shredded cheese evenly over the top of cottage cheese and sprinkle paprika if you wish.

Put in the oven and bake for around 40-45 min. (if it takes longer, you can cover it in foil so it doesnt burn, my oven is a bit slow so took me around an hour)

Enjoy and if you make it, be sure to tell me what you think! :)

oh yeah, and I worked out that this, per serving should only be around 400-450 calories.

Replies

• sugarflywithme83
    sugarflywithme83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump, for anyone who wants it.
    just redid some more and found that you can actually make it wiht 1 and a half cottage cheese rather than 2... lessens the cals by around 100 (over all)