anyone else have this problem??

Options
I changed my routine about four days ago (upped the weight and more intense cardio) and today I weighed in a pound heavier than last week? Are my muscles adjusting and have taken on more water to help them heal? Will I drop a ton next week? I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this besides me. It's not TOM cuz just I just finished that last week and my muscles are very sore from the change. Any thoughts?

Replies

• repete11
    repete11 Posts: 53
    Options
    I changed my routine about four days ago (upped the weight and more intense cardio) and today I weighed in a pound heavier than last week? Are my muscles adjusting and have taken on more water to help them heal? Will I drop a ton next week? I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this besides me. It's not TOM cuz just I just finished that last week and my muscles are very sore from the change. Any thoughts?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    four days is not enough time to tell anything

check back here is 30 days

have fun
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's normal to see weight gain after a drastic change in exercise routine. Not only water, but changes in the muscles causes more/less glycogen storage, and other chemical changes. Dave's right though, wait at least 3 weeks to see what happens, 1 week isn't enough of a sample to be accurate about weight loss.
  • repete11
    repete11 Posts: 53
    Options
    thank you!! I know I am on the right path its just frustrating to see the numbers go up when I want them to go down. I'll keep it up and see what happens. thanks again.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Many times I see a 2 pound kerchunk after 2 weeks of no change (I weigh every morning.) Is that a ton? :tongue: It does feel good to see it go though!

No matter what, you're burning more calories now so it's going to affect changes! I don't know how tall you are, but I also don't eat back all of my exercise calories. I have just a 270 calorie/day deficit because I'm short and sedentary. So I leave about 300-400 on the table every day.