new challenge

i challenge everyone to try 1 new recipe a day this week....

i know one of my biggest downfalls is not knowing what to cook and getting bored with the same thing over and over again...

please post what you tried,the recipe, and how you liked it,,,

maybe a stupid idea but it could lead to some new and exciting foods to eat

Replies

• i challenge everyone to try 1 new recipe a day this week....

i know one of my biggest downfalls is not knowing what to cook and getting bored with the same thing over and over again...

please post what you tried,the recipe, and how you liked it,,,

maybe a stupid idea but it could lead to some new and exciting foods to eat
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Tonight I'm having marinated Pork Tenderloin with Asparagus and spicey pasta mixed with herbs, cherry tomatoes and musrooms. All accompanied by two glasses of red wine.
  • Great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I will try something new tonight too.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    I am a sweet addict. I love desserts. One thing I have tried this last week was jello chocolate cook and serve pudding and pie filling. This cooks, tastes and satisfies just like the real one with only 30 cal per serving. I poured it into a lowfat grahm cracker crust and topped with a squirt of low fat cream. I am telling you the truth, It was every bit as good as the regular chocolate cream pie that I ususaly eat. Even my husband loved it and he does not have to diet. Another goody for me is the Lindy's Italion ice. I love the orange and I allow my self one every night. Its 80 cal and no fat. It hits the spot!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Wow that sounds yummy. Are you a cook also? Keep it up!
  • tonight i had black chicken..i had it with steamed broccoli and icandoit's fantastic potatoes you can find the recipe on here

for black chicken go to
    www.3fatchicks.com

it was really good and i don't like spicey stuff....but yummy!!!!!!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I made a chocolate diet coke cake! It's sooooo good! Sounds weird, but trust me!

1 box Betty Crocker (or generic) chocolate fudge cake mix
    1 can Diet Coke
    Bake as usual! - - none of the fat, calories, cholesterol of the eggs and oil that you usually have to put in.

I topped it with chocolate frosting made with one small package of fat-free, sugar-free chocolate instant pudding and a bowl of light cool whip. YUMMM

The main course? Homemade veggie soup.

3 carrots - chopped
    2 medium potatoes - chopped
    1 large onion - chopped
    2 stalks celery - chopped
    1 can diced tomatoes
    3 cups water
    3 beef bouillon cubes
    1 lb. lean beef - cut into 1 inch cubes
    **1 small bag frozen veggies

Put all these (except the frozen veggies) into crock pot on high for 6 hours. Add frozen veggies and cook an additional 2 hours or until meat is cooked and all veggies are tender.

I also added some celery salt and ground pepper, but you could leave them out....
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    I like to pick recipes out of the Cooking Light magazine. They are always balanced and good for the weight-loss crowd. I have only very infrequently found one that I just didn't love. I can post a few if folks are interested.

Cool challenge :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I made gratin for one

2/3 cup peaches in bottom of oven safe single serve container or dish
    mix together 1/4 cup of vanila yogourt, 3 TBLS of rictotta cheese
    pour over fruit
    sprinkle 1/2 tsp of brown sugar on top
    broil for five minutes.

pretty good and you get your fruit and dairy
  • day 2

today i am making marble chocolate cheesecake bars.....95 calories per bar

if we enjoy it tonight i will post the recipe....sounds and looks so good though...let me know if anyone wants it anyway ...

don't forget let me know what everyone is makin today....something new and exciting
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Tuesday night 29 Jan: I'm having roasted chicken with 1/2 cup of Uncle Ben's wild rice and 3 ounces of Mediterranean olives from the local grocery store's salad bar.

Wednesday night Jan 30: I'm having filet mignon with mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and garlic with brown rice and a glass of Argentinian Medoc wine.

Thursday night Jan 31: Our daughter's flying in from Fort Collins with our grandson so we're having fresh poached salmon and poached haddock, steamed green beens topped with baked almond slices, brown rice and an Australian Cab Sav. Desert will probably be another glass of wine :-)
  • deanea
    pork tenderloin medallions with orange sauce, found on the internet. Basically low sugar orange marmalade, cidar vinegar, hot sauce and simmer.
  • lshutt
    lshutt Posts: 11
    I would love to have your recipes. My husband, my son and myself are all on a diet so I need recipes to fix for dinner. Thanks for your help:happy:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    tonight I made turkey enchiladas they were delicious. good challenge I am trying for One new recipe a week. P.S. I would love to go to rhestons house to eat :laugh: (if his wife and daughter doesnt mind) your dinners sound fabulous:happy:
  • deanea
    pounded chicken breast, 1.5 tablespoon of light ricotta cheese, dash of pepper, spinach,(as much as you like, sauteed with onion powder, galric powder, pam cooking spray and a splash of low sodium chicken stock) Mix cheese and cooked spinach together, spread on chicken brests, roll up, sprinkle with thyme and bake. Very yummy.
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    I think this is a great idea. A discussion my daughter and I had yesterday, actually. I just posted whole wheat wraps. We were amazed at how nice this turned out. The classic sun dried tomatoes are real tasty. Like nothing I've ever tried before.
  • Wow, what good ideas. Rheston, I wish I was eating at your house!! I usually keep it simple with Stir fry veggies and shrimp or chicken on Fridays. But I think the idea of looking for new recipes is a great idea.................count me in, I'll try and see what I can come up with this week.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    This week I tried a simple version of stuffed cabbage. I browned one pound on ground turkey with a small dab of olive oil with one onion and 6 cloves of garlic. I then added one mcooked package of the micro wave brown rice. I boiled a small cabbage and seperated the leaves. I then layered the cabbage and put the rice and turkey meat in between. I used a small jar of prepared sauce. I topped it with fat free mozarella. Baked for 60 min at 350//// it taste wonderful.