when do you???

SueD66
SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
When do you fill out your food log? Before or after you eat?

Replies

• After, although on occasion ill do it just before while my husband is cooking
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Usually after... during the week however, I usually enter my lunch the night before.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Everything the night before
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    I fill it in throughout the day - I just filled in breakfast for today, but don't know what or when I'll eat my next meal.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    After each time I eat.
  • deeva2266
    deeva2266 Posts: 65 Member
    I do mine just after I eat each meal. There are times I do it as I'm preparing meals so I can watch calorie and portion sizes if it something that I don't normally have.
  • The day before and if not then after dinner... mainly so I can see what i have left to eat. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    I log right after I eat. I never log in advance; I never know what I'll be in the mood for!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Lately i log as i eat either on my phone or on my computer:)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 741 Member
    I try to do it every morning but that's more because I have problems eating meals but if they are planned for me I am more likely to eat them.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Both...for the most part I fill it out as I eat or while I'm cooking. However, sometimes when I eat at odd times or know I'm going to be up later than normal, I fill it out early and test different meals to see what works best and what leaves me the most left over for a snack or mini meal later in the evening. So I don't hit a late time and want something and have nothing left...
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    If I've planned my meal for the day I log it in, I make changes if necessary.
  • karalynnroll
    karalynnroll Posts: 33 Member
    Sometimes I do it the day before just so I can plan. I especially do this if I know I'm going to be eating out. Most of the time I do it in the evening.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i log my plan for the day in the morning after i have breakfast.

i work out in the evening, so i quite often tweak my day if needs be and add extra snacks etc when i log the exercise in the evening.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    I log everything in the night before so that I know what I am eating and stay on track better. If I eat something different or extra I add it when I eat it. This way I dont use all my calories by lunch time!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    I try to at least look up the calories on food before i eat so I don't get unpleasant surprises while logging. Don't always succeed. So, plan ahead of time, but log when I can find time.
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    I log as I go for the most part just becasue I never know when I will be able to eat with a little one running around....and I dont always know what I am going to make for dinner until I make it and sometimes the hubby desides last min to go out to eat.
  • My dinner is always planned out, so I log it early in the day, around the time I am logging my lunch in. That way I have a better idea of what my snacks should be during the day. Of course it can change (yesterdays went way down hill), but so far it has helped me stick to my plan for the day.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    As the day goes along unless I have something planned ahead. Like dinner last night was in a restaurant so I looked at the menu online and planned what I would have. Tonight I know what I'm preparing and eating so it's logged. This helps me plan the rest of my meals each day.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I've been trying to after I eat a meal when each and every food or serving size is fresh in my mind. While I have still been eating good, I slacked off for a while and did not record anything. After a weigh in yesterday morning (I made it one whole week without weighing myself, I used to weigh everyday probably 3 times a day and just stressing myself out about it) anyhow one week later and no weight loss prompted me to get back online and really try to log everything.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    When I do my weekly shop, I log everything for the next seven days.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    The night before. I sometimes make changes but usually I like to have it all planned so I can watch cals, carbs and sodium and move the around as needed to get a balance throughout the day.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    After, although on occasion ill do it just before while my husband is cooking

Exactly that :D
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    It depends on whether or not my computer/phone is handy. I typically eat alone so it gets entered while I eat, however I tend to try to plan out dinner and plug it in when eating my second meal so I know if I need to add in some calories via olive oil or something.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    I keep a notepad with me and log everything onto that as I eat (I bring my scale to work) then in the evening I log it into MFP.