Hello World!

Options
Wow. I'm so happy today! :happy: I started this back on the 28th of March. I decided to first see what kind of calories I was consuming before beginning my lifestyle change. Man...I couldn't believe it. I more than doubled what my husband was eating, and not losing hardly anything. Needless to say, I'm a bit disgusted and disappointed with myself. Well, since then, I've been working on not going over my calories, fat, etc. and I have to say...as of today, I'm so pleased! I can't wait to weigh in again next week. Now, I know I'm not going to continue losing weight as I did this week, but still, the feeling that I actually accomplished something...for ME was so exhilirating (forgive my mis-spellings). It's only 5 pounds, but it's 5 pounds I'm no longer carrying! I feel a lot more motivated to lose this excess weight. By this time next year, I hope to be at my current goal weight, and setting another goal weight! I'm trying to take this one day at a time, and not get discouraged from not seeing immidiate results. I have my mom-in-law to check in with, so it helps out. In fact, she's also losing weight! So it's not really a competition, but I know that if I don't lose weight because of laziness, and she does...it's going to make me feel pretty stupid. "I could have been losing all that too, if I'd just stuck with it". I don't want to think that. I want to think, "Damn, here's two woman who've been working their butts off and look how it's paid off for both of them!" That's my goal. That's what I want. That's what I'm going t accomplish!

178464.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    Wow. I'm so happy today! :happy: I started this back on the 28th of March. I decided to first see what kind of calories I was consuming before beginning my lifestyle change. Man...I couldn't believe it. I more than doubled what my husband was eating, and not losing hardly anything. Needless to say, I'm a bit disgusted and disappointed with myself. Well, since then, I've been working on not going over my calories, fat, etc. and I have to say...as of today, I'm so pleased! I can't wait to weigh in again next week. Now, I know I'm not going to continue losing weight as I did this week, but still, the feeling that I actually accomplished something...for ME was so exhilirating (forgive my mis-spellings). It's only 5 pounds, but it's 5 pounds I'm no longer carrying! I feel a lot more motivated to lose this excess weight. By this time next year, I hope to be at my current goal weight, and setting another goal weight! I'm trying to take this one day at a time, and not get discouraged from not seeing immidiate results. I have my mom-in-law to check in with, so it helps out. In fact, she's also losing weight! So it's not really a competition, but I know that if I don't lose weight because of laziness, and she does...it's going to make me feel pretty stupid. "I could have been losing all that too, if I'd just stuck with it". I don't want to think that. I want to think, "Damn, here's two woman who've been working their butts off and look how it's paid off for both of them!" That's my goal. That's what I want. That's what I'm going t accomplish!

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter