Most Romantic Thing?

Options
Okay, since we are all up on V-day and someone's already asked about a perfect date..........I thought that this subject wouldn't be far behind, so why not?

What was the most romantic thing that anyone has ever done for you?

For those that are single, what is your idea of the most romantic thing a guy/girl could do for you?

Replies

• DominoFrost
    Options
    The most romantic thing he did for me was taking me to get wings and promising he'd record Dance Moms for me.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    for my birthday we went into town and were at a lookout over looking the city and the river and everything,
    one on of the goverment buildings in th emiddle of town he had organised it with the building workers to write
    "happy 21st birthday rachel"
    using the lights from the offices on a skyscraper. :) so sweet
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    for my birthday we went into town and were at a lookout over looking the city and the river and everything,
    one on of the goverment buildings in th emiddle of town he had organised it with the building workers to write
    "happy 21st birthday rachel"
    using the lights from the offices on a skyscraper. :) so sweet

THAT IS AMAZING!!! OMG!! My thoughts of the most romantic thing is if someone serenaded me with a song.........unfortunately, I would have to hear him sing first! ha ha!! But even if he just sung and made a fool of himself doing it, I would still love it. God, I am such a romantic!! LOL!!
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    :love: My bf Took me to the zoo after I said you take a girl to her favorite place and that's how she knows you think she's the one..
    The next day he woke me up and told me we were going out I had no idea where until we got there
    :)

He's a bit special
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend at the time/husband now had made dinner reservations at our favorite "fine dining" restaurant. They generally only have one vegetarian option; he had the chef call me ahead of time to make sure that the option was something that I wanted. One very sweet thing he has done of the many!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I think the most romantic thing I did,my ex-wife went out of town for five days,on the day she returned,I made a romantic dinner for her with wine and candles with an italian theme in the room and I gave her a gift for everyday she was gone.Played music and wrote her a poem.We had such a great night.
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    :love: My bf Took me to the zoo after I said you take a girl to her favorite place and that's how she knows you think she's the one..
    The next day he woke me up and told me we were going out I had no idea where until we got there

He's a bit special

SO sweet!! :love: And a guy like that, yes........he is special!! :)
  • kirbykez
    Options

He's a bit special

He has our 1 year planned and I have no idea what's going on lol
    And if I ask about valentines he says is cricket or football on?
    So I have no idea about that either!!!
    But apparently somethings happening at both
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My husband wouldn't know romance if it came and danced naked in front of him.

However, before we were married, I came home from work one evening very stressed and upset. He had a bath ran for me with candles around and my favourite alcoholic drink, he put a lamp in the bathroom with a red shirt over so it created a nice glow and took me to see P.S. I love you (he hates the cinema but I love the book) and then for something to eat.

He has done one or two other things for me but this is the one that I remember the most.
  • KJVBear33
    Options

He's a bit special

Okay, so that would totally annoy me after a while..........I wouldnt stop asking and I'd MAKE him answer or at least give me a clue....ha ha!! You'll have to come back and tell me what he planned!! I am excited for you!!
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    My husband wouldn't know romance if it came and danced naked in front of him.

However, before we were married, I came home from work one evening very stressed and upset. He had a bath ran for me with candles around and my favourite alcoholic drink, he put a lamp in the bathroom with a red shirt over so it created a nice glow and took me to see P.S. I love you (he hates the cinema but I love the book) and then for something to eat.

He has done one or two other things for me but this is the one that I remember the most.

GOD I love PS I Love You!!! That made me cry!! And I am NOT just saying just a tear rolling down my cheek either......full out cry!! SO incredibly romantic!!! And SOOOOOO incredibly romantic to do all that for you!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Romance?
    I try to manufacture some a few times each week, because my wife sees great value in it.
    A long walk, a special back rub, flowers sent to her office with some hokey "I love you" expression.
    Instead of beer, we'll share some champagne in a bubble bath or other such tomfooleries.

Ladies need that, and most are actually starving for romance, so guys, buck up, and make it happen no matter how time consuming or silly it may seem.

That's part of the deal.:flowerforyou:
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    We celebrated St Dwynwen's Day instead on January 25th :smile: My hubby just doesn't little things for me all the time cos he's lovely :love: He won't buy me flowers though, partly because I feel guilty about them dying and partly because I said I only ever got bought them when someone was apologising for something (which at the time was true, but not from him).
  • kirbykez
    Options

He's a bit special

Okay, so that would totally annoy me after a while..........I wouldnt stop asking and I'd MAKE him answer or at least give me a clue....ha ha!! You'll have to come back and tell me what he planned!! I am excited for you!!

Oh I am the most annoying impatient person ever he gets asked about every 30 minutes
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    There's a couple of things that come to mind....my favorite by far was a long horseback ride on the beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It was just us and our guide. :heart: :smooched:
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would have to say it was when my now husband proposed. He is a volunteer diver at our local aquarium (does the feed show, and help clean the tanks under water, ect) Well his family was in town for his graduation from the police academy and so we thought it would be nice to take them all to the aquarium to see him dive. Him and 2 others went into the shark tank (set up like an underwater oil platform and have 5 or so sharks and other large fish in it).

He had a “magnadoodle” with him under water and he wrote “Becca will you marry me” on it and held it up to the glass and his mom gave me my ring…..mind you by now the place was PACKED because there were divers in there and an employee talking to everyone. Been married now for 2.5 yrs and have a wonderful 7 month old.
  • kirbykez
    Options
    Romance?
    I try to manufacture some a few times each week, because my wife sees great value in it.
    A long walk, a special back rub, flowers sent to her office with some hokey "I love you" expression.
    Instead of beer, we'll share some champagne in a bubble bath or other such tomfooleries.

Ladies need that, and most are actually starving for romance, so guys, buck up, and make it happen no matter how time consuming or silly it may seem.

This!
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    I've been very fortunate in this area. I have to say the most romantic was, my high school sweet heart waiting at the bus stop, in the rain, under an unbrella with a dozen roses.
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    Romance?

This!

This would be nice.......some guys really arent romantic though (SIGH its a bummer lol)
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    When we were first married we had no money after we put the deposit down on our house. We were living in Southbank (London) at the time and my husband made a candlelight picnic sitting astride the walls along the Thames opposite Wesminster Abbey and we ate fish and chips out of the paper and watched the 'string of pearls' Opera performed on a rivierboat. It was perfect.