She REALLY needed that McRib.

Options
Beastette
Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina deputies say they used a stun gun on a woman who blocked a McDonalds drive-thru for 20 minutes after employees refused to serve her because she broke in line.

Authorities say 37-year-old Evangeline Lucca bypassed the order screen and the line at the restaurant in Hope Mills, about 60 miles south of Raleigh, and pulled directly up to the pick-up window Friday afternoon.

Cumberland County deputies say employees refused to take her order and told her to go to the back of the line. She refused to move, and police were called.

Authorities say Lucca was shocked after she blocked the line for 20 minutes. Her 3-year-old daughter was taken into protective custody.

Lucca was charged with second-degree trespass. A phone listing for her couldn't be found.

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I think it is insane to shock someone with a kid..or to take their kid just for blocking a line at a restaurant.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    In my neighborhood, if she cut in line at McDonald's, she wouldn't have been tasered. She would have been shot.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Class act
  • emilysheafit
    emilysheafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think its bonkers for someone to refuse to go to the back of the line for a sandwich. It took her longer to sit there and refuse to move then to just go through the line again. Ugh, sometimes people give me a headache!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think it is insane to shock someone with a kid..or to take their kid just for blocking a line at a restaurant.
    They tasered her because she threatened the police, not because she blocked the line. And of course they took the child into protective custody. What else would they do, let the kid find its own way home?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Yeah! They should only shock people with no kids!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Yeah! They should only shock people with no kids!
    You'd think people with kids wouldn't be shocked by anything.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    not sure if I'm more shocked by her actions or the authorities reaction
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    not sure if I'm more shocked by her actions or the authorities reaction

guess i shouldn't be shocked by either, there are stories like this everyday lol
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    They tasered her because she threatened the police, not because she blocked the line. And of course they took the child into protective custody. What else would they do, let the kid find its own way home?

this... and i would rather they shocked her than shot her.... way more humane.. and she shouldnt have started *kitten*.. totally on her...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I am not shocked. I live with a 3-year-old. They drive you to insanity. She probably just deserved a break today. She got one.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    In my neighborhood, if she cut in line at McDonald's, she wouldn't have been tasered. She would have been shot.

LMFAO!!!!:laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Sounds like it's time to move :noway:
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I wonder if the people behind her stayed in line all that time.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am not shocked. I live with a 3-year-old. They drive you to insanity. She probably just deserved a break today. She got one.
    I see what you did there.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the people behind her stayed in line all that time.

They probably recorded it, so they could put it on Youtube or Facebook.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    This is why I don't like going through those drive-thrus where there's a curb blocking you from just driving away. Some yahoo could decide to block the exit and then you're stuck.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I always thought the McRib looked like a severed bloody hand. Never was able to eat one.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I always thought the McRib looked like a severed bloody hand. Never was able to eat one.
    Because of the fingernails?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Because of the fingernails?
    Yes! That's exactly it!