MFP Runners Club 4/2

Options
Hey everyone. Hope you are out there running today. I got in a 3 miles today. It was a sad run. My shins were killing me so I took it easy. I am going out at lunch today to get a new pair of shoes.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope you are out there running today. I got in a 3 miles today. It was a sad run. My shins were killing me so I took it easy. I am going out at lunch today to get a new pair of shoes.
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I put in 5 this morning. I felt kind of blah so it definitely wasn't my greatest attempt at running.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it wasn't just me.

Ran 4, but couldn't get my breathing regulated and felt like I was running through mud the entire way. :indifferent:

3 cheers for us getting out there though! :smile: :drinker:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Ok I'm jumping in this thread. I haven't run yet today, but I plan on 5 miles when I get home from my internship (around 230). I am a faily new runner, only started about a year ago. I had to make myself love it but now I actually do :)

What are some of yalls favorite songs to run to?
  • SherryRH
    Options
    3 cheers for us getting out there though! :smile: :drinker:

Here here! :flowerforyou:

Now how come the injured and unmotivated posted that they ran and the others have not? Oh wait, they are still out there doing their marathon type miles. :laugh:
  • msamson31
    msamson31 Posts: 45
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I'm running a 1/2 marathon this Saturday in Springfield, IL. This is taper week for me. 3 miles on Monday and 4 miles last night. Great job to all of you that are running. Keep up the good work.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Pat yourselves on the back for getting a run in today!

I am resting today. I ran an easy 4 miles yesterday and did a 'sprinting' workout the day before. The sprinting workout was playing a game of rock,scissors, paper slash tag with the 8-10 year olds that I coach. The girls are fast! However, I was only tagged once in the 10-12 times that we played.:drinker: My quads are killing me though.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Pat yourselves on the back for getting a run in today!

I am resting today. I ran an easy 4 miles yesterday and did a 'sprinting' workout the day before. The sprinting workout was playing a game of rock,scissors, paper slash tag with the 8-10 year olds that I coach. The girls are fast! However, I was only tagged once in the 10-12 times that we played.:drinker: My quads are killing me though.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Hey there, Kechie!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Good to see you're still plugging along! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    7 last night on the treadmill, today is a non running day for me, maybe do Turbo Jam and strength train later.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!:flowerforyou:

I'm back from a four month "vacation". Unfortunately, my pants shrunk while I was gone. About two weeks ago, I started running every other day again. I figure I'll run every other day until I get back into shape or die!:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I'm back from a four month "vacation". Unfortunately, my pants shrunk while I was gone. About two weeks ago, I started running every other day again. I figure I'll run every other day until I get back into shape or die!:laugh:

Stooooopid pants! :angry:

Invest in sweats, darlin. I never have that problem anymore! :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    Options

Stooooopid pants! :angry:

Invest in sweats, darlin. I never have that problem anymore! :laugh:

I agree with Shannon. Sweat pants rock! It's how I make myself feel betters. :wink:

Glad to have you back with us Ketchie. :flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I had a great run today... 8.75 miles. SO glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Sherry- Sorry to hear that your shins are still bugging you. Good luck with the new shoes! Let us know what you decided to get.
  • Lschroeder
    Options
    I'm sorry I disagree with sweatpants. First they look nasty and second you can't really telll if you gained weight if you are trying to lose.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Kechie! Glad to see you're back. I've got a few pairs of those stinking shrinking jeans, too! Darn things.:grumble:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I'm running a 1/2 marathon this Saturday in Springfield, IL. This is taper week for me. 3 miles on Monday and 4 miles last night. Great job to all of you that are running. Keep up the good work.
    Welcome to the group. Good luck on your 1/2.

Kechie! Welcome back!

Sherry, hope those new shoes get you back running.

Katie, you keep racking up those miles! Good work! You'll be kickin' it in the Hood to Coast run.

Got my 6.6 miles in this morning. Not really fast, but I felt better than I have all week, so it was good.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Got in 12 today, really nice weather, I actually ran some of it in the mountains behind my school so that was fun. Have a great day all!

~Leash :heart:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Got in 12 today, really nice weather, I actually ran some of it in the mountains behind my school so that was fun. Have a great day all!

~Leash :heart:

Wow, Leash! That's awesome!!!
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Sherry- Sorry to hear that your shins are still bugging you. Good luck with the new shoes! Let us know what you decided to get.

Here is my sad little story. :laugh:

I started running in a Nike Moto (no stability just straight cushion) and went to the Nike Triax + 11 (stability and cushion) back to the Nike Moto+6 (no stability). Since I am doing longer runs for training for the Broad Street Run the new shoes are not cutting it. In fact they are irritating my shins in a whole new painful way. I ran today in my old Nike Triax and my shins are not as sore as they have been. Spent my lunch hour looking for shoes and did not find what I wanted. Came back from lunch and checked my email. My friend sent me a friends and family coupon to Lady's Footlocker. (30% discount) They have the Nike Triax 11 for $69.99. With shipping, tax and discount 1 pair will cost $56.40. I am getting 2 pair and I don't have worry about shoes for a whole year!!!! My friends rock.

I do have to wait 8 days to get them but I can run in my old shoes until they get here. Its only 3 or 4 road running days so I will manage. I am doing a trail run but I have trail shoes for that.