coffee, decaf tea, flavored water .....

Options
Can I count 2 cups of coffee per day, decaf tea and bottled flavored water as my 8 cups a day? I have a really hard time drinking city water where I live because it gives me a stomach ache and I'm just not a plain water drinker. So any recommendations? Be nice! Thank You.

Replies

• Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add my protein shakes can I count this too?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I would. Even caffeinated beverages count toward your net hydration. You just need to be sure to accurately log it to make sure that any calories from sugar, cream, etc aren't ignored. They can add up surprisingly fast.

Personally, I don't worry to much about the "8 oz, 8 times a day" rule for water. Despite everyone thinking it's been scientifically proven that that's what you do to be healthy, the science behind it isn't there. I drink to thirst, and I count all liquids toward my water intake.

That said, if you're on a high protein diet, you should probably take in more water (in whatever form) because you may need a little more.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add my protein shakes can I count this too?

I don't count them, or other dairy drinks, toward it myself, but it doesn't really matter all that much. You could.