P90X vs Chalean Extreme

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
I have been thinking about getting one of these programs for quite some time now. What I am doing now seems to be working for me. I feel great!! But I am getting bored with the same old routine. If you have done both these programs please send me your opinion. Jess, I know you have, what would you recommend for me? Could you send an outline of the workouts? The beachbody website does not explain in detail. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting one of these programs for quite some time now. What I am doing now seems to be working for me. I feel great!! But I am getting bored with the same old routine. If you have done both these programs please send me your opinion. Jess, I know you have, what would you recommend for me? Could you send an outline of the workouts? The beachbody website does not explain in detail. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • to2tango02
    Options
    I have both programs. I did P90x for about 8 weeks and got bored with it and started slacking off. (I think I'm the only one as most love it) and I did love it, but it was just too long for me.

Then I order Chalean and am into the last phase. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this program!!! I will do another round once I'm done with this one. She just motivates me plain and simple! It 's constantly changing and I notice alot of definition coming thru. I also like the face that she incorporates alot of lower body into the program. I can't say enough good things about Chalean Extreme.

I liked her Turbo jam too, but this is a totally different kind of training. Good luck with your choice!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have helped me make my decision. I hear so many people in love with P90X but for some reason from some of the clips I've seen it does not appeal to me...I really dont want to waste my money. :noway: Thanks again!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You know it, girl! I'll send you a list of the workouts from ChaLean.

I love them both, but recently have seen incredible results using ChaLean!! :bigsmile: She really works the lower body too, which I know a lot of us ladies need some work on. :huh:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    How is the Chalean for dudes? I'm starting my second round of P90X on 4/18 and recently became a Beachbody coach (so I can get it at a discount). I'll eventually be looking for a change of pace.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    How is the Chalean for dudes? I'm starting my second round of P90X on 4/18 and recently became a Beachbody coach (so I can get it at a discount). I'll eventually be looking for a change of pace.

I think it's awesome for men also. Chalene has a male in each workout and is really about heavier weight training (although I'm sure you would be going heavier, I go heavier than she does for most of it) and SLOWing down the reps to take out the momentum. The workouts are a little shorter than P90X (about 35-45 min instead of an hour) but still intense. I LOVE her Burn Intervals (endurance workout) and Burn it Off (HIIT cardio workout). Her abs are killer too!

Good luck coaching, I love it! (and yep, love the discount. :bigsmile: )
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Do you think you would see much results if you could only do it 2 times a week? Or is that just not enough.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Do you think you would see much results if you could only do it 2 times a week? Or is that just not enough.

Well, I think you would see results if you could do the 3 weight workouts a week (they're all around 35-40 min long). That's kind of what I've done along w/ my 3 days of running a week plus abs (usually either ChaLean's abs or Ab Ripper X around 16 min long). HTH! :bigsmile:
  • Kimono
    Options
    I run 5 days a week right now. So maybe I could cut that back and add ChaLean a couple day. It would be really hard to cut back my miles-I am addicted to it.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I run 5 days a week right now. So maybe I could cut that back and add ChaLean a couple day. It would be really hard to cut back my miles-I am addicted to it.

I used to be the same way- cardio queen. But it wasn't until I cut back on the cardio and started adding in more weight training that I saw results and change in my body!! :bigsmile:
  • Kimono
    Options

I used to be the same way- cardio queen. But it wasn't until I cut back on the cardio and started adding in more weight training that I saw results and change in my body!! :bigsmile:

Ok, ok. You got me thinking about it. But I have a goal for this fall, and I really haven't said it out loud cuz I don't know if it is possible.... I want to qualify for Boston, and I dont' know if I should cut back on running to do that or not.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Ok, ok. You got me thinking about it. But I have a goal for this fall, and I really haven't said it out loud cuz I don't know if it is possible.... I want to qualify for Boston, and I dont' know if I should cut back on running to do that or not.

Good for you!!! I have a running buddy going to try to BQ this next weekend. I'm running the half marathon and she is running the full. I have actually found that I'm a much better runner now that I am stronger in the lower body and core from weight training. :wink:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Well, I think you would see results if you could do the 3 weight workouts a week (they're all around 35-40 min long). That's kind of what I've done along w/ my 3 days of running a week plus abs (usually either ChaLean's abs or Ab Ripper X around 16 min long). HTH! :bigsmile:

That's what I like about the Beachbody products. Seems like you can mix and match some of the dvd's to create your own unique workout once you've gone through a program.

For instance, you mentioned doing ARX with the Chalean program while I plan on replacing the P90X yoga dvd with Fountain of Youth.