I can't stop this feeling

Options
I've lost five pound so far with the help of this site :happy: ! I was so excited about 45 minutes ago, but now, I'm starting to feel hungry :grumble: . I've heard that a lot of times, when someone feels hungry they're really thirsty. So I tried downing some water, but still I want to eat :mad: . I've already eaten this morning, and don't want to eat again until lunch. What can I do to stop myself from feeling this way? Any suggestions?

178464.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    I've lost five pound so far with the help of this site :happy: ! I was so excited about 45 minutes ago, but now, I'm starting to feel hungry :grumble: . I've heard that a lot of times, when someone feels hungry they're really thirsty. So I tried downing some water, but still I want to eat :mad: . I've already eaten this morning, and don't want to eat again until lunch. What can I do to stop myself from feeling this way? Any suggestions?

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    WHY WAIT TILL LUNCH?

it is best for our metabolism to spread the fuel evenly thru the day

eat
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I agree. Its okay to have healthy snacks or small meals all throughout the day
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dave! Don't starve. I'm eating two clementines right now. They are a sweet & juicey snack.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat now when your hungry, it will cause you to overeat later. Eat.
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    My guess would be that your body is "needing" a little something to make it to lunch since the water didn't help. Have a snack between breakfast and lunch. Spreading your calories out through the day keeps your metabolism up.
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    I would say that if you are still hungry after drinking water or whatever then your body is telling you to eat. Try a piece of cheese, it has protien which helps take away hunger pains.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Have an apple or banana. :flowerforyou: If I don't eat when I am hungry, I always end up over-eating when I do eat.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Eat! I have my meals and then I added a snack between each one, so I can chart them.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i eat every 2-3 hours, even if it is something small or else i overeat on the next meal as i am so hungry

try something low cal + drink your water too, it helps sometimes :flowerforyou:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Your body wants something, feed it!!! I agree with the others, it's better to eat throughout the day and keep your metabolism all fired up.

I eat at 7am 300 - 500 cal
    Snack at 11 150 - 250 cal
    lunch at 1 250 - 400 cal
    Snack at 3 150 - 250 cal
    dinner at 5 or 6 400 - 700 cal
    Snack after 8 200 - 600 cal
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...eat!

When I was seeing my best weight loss results, I had a pretty set routine.
    BFast around 7:30
    Snack around 10:30
    Lunch around 1:00
    Snack around 3
    Dinner around 5:30
    sometimes snack around 8

It keeps you full, and I knew that in xx minutes I would be having my snack or meal. And I drank lots of water too.
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Same as all of the above, if I don't snack frequently...I overeat later. Usually much to my regret.

157695.png
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    My goodness, eat something!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    when i get up in the morning, as I am having my coffee, i plan my food day so to speak.. i put in my dinner first as it is usually the most calories, then lunch, then breakfast... and I typically leave myself 300-500 calories left over to have in snacks throughout the day when I get a little hungry... This way I know when my main meals are, and I can feel free to snack guilt free whenever the hunger hits me in between, and I know how many calories I have to spare as I make my snacking choices.
  • btrfly2nite
    Options
    No dont wait till lunch Your suppose to eat something little once every 2.5 to 3 hrs or metabollism starts dropping. Plus my trainer told me if your hungry eat something small otherwise your body feels like it is starving and will store food instead of burning it. I eat 7 times a day small snacks... yogurt, grapes, 2 oz of fish, etc. DOnt starve yourself you will be more likely to binge when you do eat