Just had a massive binge :(

Options
Just had a massive binge and don't really know what to do know!

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nothing apart from remember tomorrow is another day, and get back on track to where you want to be.
    Good luck, one slip up is not the end of the world x
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    Options
    It is just a case of accepting it happened and moving on. Your diet wont get derailed by one binge just make good decisions for the rest of the day and don't let it turn into an entire day of badness.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It happens just let it go and move on. So long as you don't use it as an excuse to keep overeating, it's all good. :flowerforyou:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Binge? So what! Get back on track! If you have the time or energy, add another workout.
    Binges happen. The goal is to learn why and create methods for preventing them in the future. Analyze what happened. What emotions were you feeling? What did you eat and why did it call to you? Once you learn all this, they'll happen less frequently. Use this as an opportunity to learn about yourself! There is nothing wrong with you for doing it, the only thing you can do wrong is to not learn from it!
    Cheer up, you'll do better next time! No time like the present to begin anew!
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I had a huge binge/cheat day on Friday, then got right back on the counting yesterday. This morning I had lost two pounds. A binge every now and then isn't going to kill your goal. Just move on and don't beat yourself up over it.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I had a huge binge/cheat day on Friday, then got right back on the counting yesterday. This morning I had lost two pounds. A binge every now and then isn't going to kill your goal. Just move on and don't beat yourself up over it.

^^THIS^^ It works. I binge/cheat/spike on Saturdays and I lose weight. You'll be ok. Just get back on the program today.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, and what do you class as a binge as I am sure all our binges are different and to someone else they may not even be classed as a binge!
  • Hesslau
    Options
    just know that tomorrow is a new day. Wait an hour or so for your food to settle and then do a work out. Try to run a little or do another form of cardio. Then drink two glasses of water and dont eat until tomorrow.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Accept it and remember how hard it is to say " I just had a massive binge ".

A step backwards won't matter that much in the long run. this isn't a race - it's a journey.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    dont beat yourself up, just utilise the calories you consumed, go for a run, then do some sit ups and press ups or tricep dips then you wont feel so guilty!!!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    SO DID I. WORST FEELING EVER. and all i want right now is more sugar. more more more I think I'm addicted...
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just pick up where you left off with clean eating and go strong :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your Spike Day :) Don't sweat it. A large feed every now and then helps your hormonal balance when you're on a calorie deficit for a while.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG! I did the same thing yesterday. I usually cook and prepare meals for work, but yesterday I forgot to bring my own lunch to work and ended up eating junk (almost 2000 calories). It happens to everyone. I'm just moving forward and continue with my journey.

I love this quote: Saying, "Oh I've already ruined my good eating today so I'll just eat crap." Is like saying "Oh I dropped my phone on the floor, I'll just smash it until it breaks."
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do except get back on track. Most of us have the occasional binge (some regularly). Do some cardio, and have a great day tomorrow.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Let it go and move on. Don't restrict your calories for tomorrow to make up for today and don't go out running 20 miles to burn off the binge. Tomorrow is a new day. Just focus on being healthy.
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I too binged last night. I had a medium heath blizzard form DQ. There is not one in the town where i live so I rarely have one. It was 920 calories and I was like OMG, but instead of panicing I exercised! Just dont let one bad day turn into two days, or a week, or a month!
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I binged big time last night. I was at a party and I just ate. And boy it felt good!! :D Today I am back on track. Counting calories..LOL! We should be thankful we aren't eating the way we did before and because of which we are in this mess . We are doing good and one cheat day shouldn't derail our weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Tomorrow is a new day. I have treated myself on and off all weekend. Monday totally back on.

enjoy
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    OMG! I did the same thing yesterday. I usually cook and prepare meals for work, but yesterday I forgot to bring my own lunch to work and ended up eating junk (almost 2000 calories). It happens to everyone. I'm just moving forward and continue with my journey.

I love this quote: Saying, "Oh I've already ruined my good eating today so I'll just eat crap." Is like saying "Oh I dropped my phone on the floor, I'll just smash it until it breaks."

I like that saying! I always say it's like " I ran over a nail and got a flat tire, so I better go run over 3 more so they'll all be flat."

To the OP: if real, legitimate binges are a deterring factor in your weight loss, try to address the underlying cause of WHY you do it. Stress, boredom, anger, sadness, etc. Then you can work on the issue that triggers binges