Any 5'7 girls out there?

Options
What is your current weight and goal weight? How have you been working it off?

I'm 5'7 and 21 y/o, hoping to get to 130 lbs, currently at 171. Most of my weight is in my thights/butt, so if anyone has suggestions for working out those areas I'm all ears!

Replies

• Obliviousk
    Options
    Hii!~ :3 I'm about your height. I'm 17. My current weight is 227.4 pounds. I used to weigh about 270. Yeah, I'm a fattie. xD My goal weight is 135 pounds. To work my legs, I've been apart of a soccer organization where I referee and coach as well as run errands. Getting involved in a non-profit sport organization can be great exercise and a lot of fun.
    I also use blogilates.com to get my work out routine. It targets certain areas that you want to work (and printer friendly guides)!~ She also has videos on youtube. :3

I usually work out 6 days a week and make sure I do at the very least 5 miles of nonformal walking, and 5 miles formal walking. :3

I also drink lots of green tea (which is great for you!) and have a high protein diet. :3
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    Started at 237lb on Jan 1st, now down to 223 and aiming for around 150 eventually
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    im 5'7" got down to the 130s which was my goal for my wedding in sept - then i gained it all back and was 155 again when I started back up jan 1

i'm hoping to get about the same as your goal
  • astow8
    astow8 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hii!~ :3 I'm about your height. I'm 17. My current weight is 227.4 pounds. I used to weigh about 270. Yeah, I'm a fattie. xD My goal weight is 135 pounds. To work my legs, I've been apart of a soccer organization where I referee and coach as well as run errands. Getting involved in a non-profit sport organization can be great exercise and a lot of fun.
    I also use blogilates.com to get my work out routine. It targets certain areas that you want to work (and printer friendly guides)!~ She also has videos on youtube. :3

I usually work out 6 days a week and make sure I do at the very least 5 miles of nonformal walking, and 5 miles formal walking. :3

I also drink lots of green tea (which is great for you!) and have a high protein diet. :3

Hey thanks for that website! It looks like it has lots of helpful info. Great job so far on the weight loss!

Anyone have tips on yoga? I did it twice a week for a year and saw no results, but I wasn't doing it that often. Anyone see results from doing yoga often?
  • pinkc
    pinkc Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'7, 143lbs and am realistically hoping to get down to 135lbs, but would love to see 130lbs. 130lbs would not be realistic to maintain thought. I have an athletic body type, but carry all my extra weight in my butt and thighs as well.
    I have ran 3 marathons and 5 half marathons and have done a few triathlons and more to come.
    I have tried squats, cardio, jump training etc. I look great everywhere but my butt and thighs are still a problem area. Family pattern as well.
    All the exercises I have done have toned and lifted a bit, but not made them go away or shrink.
    A BIG mistake I have made in the past and am hoping to correct very soon is the excuse of eating what I want and feel like because "i exercised today".
  • goodme02
    goodme02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 167 pounds (started at 177). I am hoping to get down to 138 pounds, which is what I weighed at my wedding 2 years ago.