I'm new!

Options
Hello,

I don't have much time as my little one is waking from her nap! I'm 33 years old and the mother of a 9 month old. I try to remain as active as possible but my job is a desk job. I am here on recommendation from my sister. My doctor is not proactive on weight loss. When I went to see her about it she didn't even asked what I was experiencing, she simply said my tests haven't been ran in a while and she needed to check them. Since they came back normal she did not ask me to set up another appointment. My main problem is that I crave sugar. When I don't eat consume lots of sugar loaded drinks or foods I drop weight, but I crave it. When I exercise it's even worse. I'm here to learn more on getting past the sugar cravings and work on losing weight naturally since I can't get my doctor to really listen to what I'm saying and try to figure out if something else might be wrong. Thanks.

KristieWade

Replies

• ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristie! I can so late relate to the sugar monster. I'm fighting mines all the time. Since I can remember, I've had a terrible sweet tooth. Although I've lost nearly half my weight (over 125 lbs), I still fight the sugar monster everyday. Luckily, as a trained chef, I've managed to retool a few recipes and have managed to figure out some great swaps to keep the actual sugar intake down while satisfying the sweet tooth. Feel free to add me. Happy to share if you're interested... It would be nice to be in the 'sugar fight' with a fellow sugar foodie.:)
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am in complete shock that your doctor would ignore you about being healthy. Just remember that you don't always need to keep the same doctor. You should change doctors, but you don't have to change clinics (for insurance reasons). As far as surgars go, they do make no calorie sweetner such as splenda.

Feel free to drop a line anytime.
    God bless.