Whats your 'trigger" place

Options
I know there are the normal ones like feeling the urge to get buttery popcorn and a big box of candy at the movie. Or hot dog, nachos or beer at a sporting event. But I have this crazy one that I can't figure out...when I go to Dollar General or Walgreens or CVS to just get a couple things I always walk out with a candy bar. What sense does that make? This morning I went to Dollar General to get laundry and dish soap and paper towel. And I had this feeling of necessity to pick up a Dove Dark Chocolate Bar before I checked out and ate the whole thing before I got home! It's like I've developed this routine or habit, I feel like if I'm there, I should get candy. Does anyone else have a trigger place that always causes them to eat somethng they usually don't?

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    I know there are the normal ones like feeling the urge to get buttery popcorn and a big box of candy at the movie. Or hot dog, nachos or beer at a sporting event. But I have this crazy one that I can't figure out...when I go to Dollar General or Walgreens or CVS to just get a couple things I always walk out with a candy bar. What sense does that make? This morning I went to Dollar General to get laundry and dish soap and paper towel. And I had this feeling of necessity to pick up a Dove Dark Chocolate Bar before I checked out and ate the whole thing before I got home! It's like I've developed this routine or habit, I feel like if I'm there, I should get candy. Does anyone else have a trigger place that always causes them to eat somethng they usually don't?
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    mine is definitely being home.
    when home, i feel like its okay for me to eat whatever i want and not exercise. like you said, i think it just may be routine. i didn't start eating healthy until i came to school so i associate home with being allowed to be fat and lazy.

its a weird psychological thing that i definitely need to break before spending the next 3 months at home
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time going into a gas station without coming out with a Yoohoo. Thank God for pay-at-the-pump!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    my mom's house. She just has everything there, and she always gets our favorites from growing up (the hometown bakery and pizza place). I don't even try to resist them because I don't get them very often.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Family reunions are always cheat days or I'll go hungry.