pear shape girls, what irks you the most?

Options

Replies

• sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This upsets me....like really upsets me and makes shopping miserable!!

Also the fact that i can wear a lovely fitted under the bust top or dress and look quite slim in top shots of photos and them wham......theres the lower half and nope im not that slim at all!
    [/quote]

I totally agree. Then regular t-shirts will look baggy up top and get stretched around my hips. Can't wait for those hips to shrink again.

I find that Brandolino or jeans that The Buckle sells don't do that gap in the back thing. You could try those!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Separates--buy different sizes on top and bottom as your shape dictates. Spanx helps to hold it all in.

Love your curves--much of our shape is determined by genetics. There's only so much we can change.

I read through your profile, and you want to be in fashion, I assume as a designer. Regardless of your shape, hone your skills and be confident. The rest will fall into place. Good luck.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Shorts - small waist that looks good, but shorts push down on my thighs... slight cottage cheese legs! ERRRRRGGG >.>
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! My measurements are 37 - 31 - 42 and I'm 5'3. Dress shopping makes me le sad because I shrunk from a DD to a C cup when losing weight and now dresses are baggy up top. I have to bring them in. But the thing that irks me most is cellulite that seemed to come from nowhere. I do squats and lunges like a mad woman and nothing seems to be toning up down there. I just have to keep at it! I don't mind being curvy at all, but I could do with a few pant sizes less :laugh: I'd love my measurements to be 37 - 27 - 37 in the end. But I suppose I cannot control where my body puts things and takes things away from!
  • angelbeville
    Options
    I second the desire for a sheath dress that fits! Has anyone ever watched Madmen? Now THOSE dresses would fit!!! :sad:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    grrr is what irks me most!... lol 37 30 (not for long) 42 ....I love how I look... legs and *kitten* can go smaller anytime :embarassed:
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I quit referring to myself as pear shaped long ago... I now just admit (happily) to people that I have Dangerous Curves!! I'll admit it is annoying when you buy a pair of jeans that fit just right through the tush and hips only to be too big around the waist... but so many companies are making curvy fit jeans now that it's much easier!

Besides... ask any man with a sexy sports car or a hot bike if he'd rather take it out on a straight road or let it hug the curves of a windy one. :wink:
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    39 - 29 - 40

I once had a guy say to me, "Wow, your legs are, like, the same size as your waist!!". -_-
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My measurements as of 1/31/12 were: 35-27-45
    I'm a size 6 on top, size 12 on bottom.. that's absolutely annoying when I look for form-fitting dresses that don't stretch! LOL
    Other than that, I don't curse it.. losing some body fat so I know that my hips/booty will even out to the rest of me in time!

Hang in there!

I'm sorry if this comes across as too forward... but I just looked at your pics and you have the most gorgeous body ever! :noway: I change my mind, I want your measurements!
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    my hips are higher up than most! so no matter what I do i'm tiny up and then my hips bulge out and then back in again... HATE TAHT and the not having boobs... I wish I could move my hips down sooooo bad.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Dresses--- for once I wish they would make a sheath dress that would fit someone who is pear shaped. I haven't owned a dress in years because they just never fit!

If drop waist dresses ever come in style again, run for the hills and avoid them like the plague, that look is horrid on us pear shaped gals!

Try A-line dresses. They're perfect and totally flattering.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    how do i know if i'm pear shaped??
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Finding jeans that fit, people not understanding what "pear shaped" means (I had a guy tell me I'm not a pear shape because pears are big on top and little on bottom-- WTF) and the little boobs! Boo hoo!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My measurements as of 1/31/12 were: 35-27-45
    I'm a size 6 on top, size 12 on bottom.. that's absolutely annoying when I look for form-fitting dresses that don't stretch! LOL
    Other than that, I don't curse it.. losing some body fat so I know that my hips/booty will even out to the rest of me in time!

Hang in there!

I'm sorry if this comes across as too forward... but I just looked at your pics and you have the most gorgeous body ever! :noway: I change my mind, I want your measurements!

VonRockette - Thanks. I think? The (no-way) smiley threw me off. lol
    And those measurements are my "before" numbers... we'll see how I do March 1st! Thanks. :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    how do i know if i'm pear shaped??

Look at a pear. Little on top, big on bottom.
  • SerenityRabit
    Options
    Pear shaped is not being able to buy pants.
    LOL JK>
    Means to carry most of your weight on bottom, I can't remember the exact number of inches you have to have in difference...
    but you look like a pear.
    "nuff said.:D
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you, dresses in particular! I always lose weight from my top half first too making me look even bigger on the bottom. But look on the bright side ladies, we pears are less likely to suffer heart problems than our fellow apples, well there has to be at least one thing to feel good about whilst we´re in the changing rooms throwing clothes around that don´t fit :grumble:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    thanks ladies :))
  • SerenityRabit
    Options
    Finding jeans that fit, people not understanding what "pear shaped" means (I had a guy tell me I'm not a pear shape because pears are big on top and little on bottom-- WTF) and the little boobs! Boo hoo!
    He must of ate his pears upside down.....
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Buying pants is a *****. My thighs aren't tiny (about 24" at the widest part) by any means, but when you have a 43-44" butt and a 27" waist, it's a true PITA to find pants that fit properly and aren't baggy at the waist or thighs. Skirts are my second most-hated item, because they always end up a couple of inches shorter in the back than they are in the front (again, because of the butt).

My chest has sort of caught up, finally...I'm at a 34C now (thank you, new birth control pill!). But for years, the tiny boobs were the bane of my existence.