SUPER BOWL HELP

Options

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water before you go. And just try to pay attention how much of what you are eating. Veggies and cheeses would be good choices. And light beer or liquor w/ diet soda is good for getting your drink on, lol!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your day. Get back in your routine tomorrow. So what's the worse that's going to happen? You eat twice your TDEE? You gain 4 - 7 lbs when you step on the scale tomorrow due to water retention, and lose all of it but a small portion over the next 3 or 4 days as your body releases the water?

If you're old enough, have a couple drinks, that will help the water retention issue.

If you're really up tight about things, you can create an extra deficit over the following week to compensate for whatever damage you think you do today.

Sometimes it's good to disengage and enjoy.
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Animal Planet! Puppy Bowl!

I am DVRing it, so I can watch it later!!
  • disneyjenn
    Options
    Don't NOT eat before you go! Make sure you have eaten healthy food and maybe a healthy snack before you go so that you are not super hungry or starving. I am doing this tonight. Also, limit your alcohol and only drink "lite" drinks!! Advantages of little alcohol? Less calories and no hangover :) GO GIANTS !!
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Another thing. I just took a nutritional course and the presenter mentioned that if you eat an apple before a big meal you are less likely to over eat. It's related to the fiber and a fiber rich diet helps over eating. It couldn't hurt to try.

I am trying it, and the veggies since I know I will have some drinks.
    My hubby makes the best strawberry daqueries! :drinker:
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Animal Planet! Puppy Bowl!

watching now....I love puppy bowl!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a party today and I'm expecting a HUGE amount of food and alcohol. These people love to drink and eat (and so do I :blushing: ) Anyway, I got my workout in and I've had a pretty good week.. I'm really worried about sabotaging it all today. If anyone has any tips for me they would be greatly appreciated! hope everyone is doing wonderful!

If you've been healthy all this week and unless you plan to eat a week's worth of food in one day, you cannot sabotage it all away. Great job getting the workout in!! Allow yourself some treats or otherwise you'll be miserable and distracted the whole time. Maybe bring some gum to chew on after you've had a few treats (it's all about portion sizes today since most things won't be too healthy). If you can, try not to drink alcohol at all since drinking makes some people have cravings. And remember, if you overdo it a little bit today, it's not the end of the world. Good luck!

Patriots or Giants??
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your day. Make the smarter choices. Don't deprive yourself but this is not a free day to eat like someone with the munchies. If you want dessert, try a half portion. Stop if you're satisfied. Stay hydrated. Track everything. If it turns out you ate way too much or too poorly just do better the rest of the week. Your weight will go down once you shed more water weight from water retention due to excess carbs or sodium.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Go Giants!!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    ahinksi- I agree!
    Since i live in NYC area, it has to be the Giants, but i am looking forward to 2 things
    1. since i wont drink, no hangover at work tomorrow
    2. since everyone else will drink and call in sick, my drive should be easy
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy all day until you get there. Make sure you dont get to the party hungry.

Take a place of food, eat it slowly. Wake 30 mins before you go back for seconds.

Know your TDEE. Mine is 2100. So as long as you eat under this you shouldnt gain any weight.

Enjoy yourself. This is just one day. You did good all week and will conintue to do well tomorrow! :D
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    could always make a game of it?

every touchdown, you have to drink 8 ox of water before you can have anything else to eat/drink

can only eat/drink "unhealthy" stuff when there is a fumble/interception...or during commercials

anyhow, just something to make you concious of what you are putting in your mouth and when!

Personally I plan on eating/drinking whatever i want today since its a special occasion. I already alotted for 5 beers in my calories. BUT I make it a rule that I have to drink a full 8 oz of water before each beer and then some during too....helps me to not drink as much :)
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Eat something before u go, that way u will feel full before ur tempted to eat junk food.
  • kjm827
    kjm827 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am glad someone started this blog. I heard people eat more on Super Bowl Sunday than Thanksgiving! Yikes. Lots of good words of wisdom here. thx!
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Cheer for the Giants. By the 2nd quarter, you'll be so upset you won't even want to eat anything.

GO PATS GO!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's the Super Bowl. I'm not worried about calories on special occasions. One day will not do any damage, and in fact, one day of eating to much can actually be a positive thing as far as your metabolism is concerned.

So my advice is to relax and enjoy yourself.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Sip the seltzer or drink some water to keep you feeling fuller than you really are. (I will try to tell that to myself later!)
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got a workout in already...hard part for me is that the party is at MY house..lol So can't really skip all the food...I've already entered everything in and it looks like I'll go over by probably 200 calories but I have had a really good week so not gonna worry too much....and if I end up eating or drinking less than I think...well, bonus!!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am using today as a cheat day. I have logged my bad food that I can. However, when I eat people's recipes I can't log it. I'm not logging it all today because of that. I know I am going to g over.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much. I've already forgiven myself and allowed myself to not hate myself later. You have already worked out which is awesome and you are fully conscious of what is going on.... you will be fine. Try to enjoy yourself, your friends, and the game.

JUST GET BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW! :-)