WOW! The wonders of a food scale!

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
Until today I was not the proud owner of a food scale and I would try to "eyeball" how much I was eating and guesstimate what I was eating. I found out today that I've been ripping myself off! 4 ounces of meat is a lot more than I thought! I was probably only giving myself 2 to 3 ounces... and counting it as 4. Consequently, I probably have not been getting as much protein as I needed.

I feel like a kid in a candy store now... can't wait to measure my dinner! LOL!

Replies

• sonjavon
    Options
    Until today I was not the proud owner of a food scale and I would try to "eyeball" how much I was eating and guesstimate what I was eating. I found out today that I've been ripping myself off! 4 ounces of meat is a lot more than I thought! I was probably only giving myself 2 to 3 ounces... and counting it as 4. Consequently, I probably have not been getting as much protein as I needed.

I feel like a kid in a candy store now... can't wait to measure my dinner! LOL!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I am jealous!!! I really want one too!
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i have one too... they are only about $5 at target.
  • sonjavon
    Options
    I bought mine for $15 at Target... it's not digital and it doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles... but it's a good size and it gets the job done!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was using a cup and found myself filling up to much, so i went out and got a food scale today also.

Karen
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was the same way! I found out that I was way overestimating how much I was eatting.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Meat was my hardest one too. Once we started p90x I really wanted to get credit for every ounce of protein. No more guessing.

I got mine at bed bath and beyond for about $7 I think.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    sweet!!!

I still gotta get me one of those...... I think I'll go to the good 'ol WM this w/e and remedy that!!!
  • PamKay
    PamKay Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been guessing my portion sizes also, and it's not easy to do. This weekend I'm going to go and buy a scale!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Meat was my hardest one too. Once we started p90x I really wanted to get credit for every ounce of protein. No more guessing.

I got mine at bed bath and beyond for about $7 I think.

:frown:

I miss Bed Bath and Beyond, I wish we had one here.....
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Just used mine for lunch. Good thing too b/c I would have overestimated my chicken.