THANK GOODNESS MY SCALE WAS WRONG!!!

Options
What great news I got today!!!! I will start at the beginning. When I started this weight loss journey, I went to the doctor for a checkup. The scale said I weighed 92 kilos, 202.4 lbs. Well I bought a digital scale (the doctor's is analog) and didn't weigh myself right away.

After 3 weeks, I noticed I wasn't loosing as much weight as I thought I was. I mean I can't really see it when I look in the mirror, but I noticed my clothes were fitting much looser. Anyway, this morning I decided I would try a little experiment with the scale to see if was really off. It seems I've been stuck and moving between 86 and 88 kilos. I felt this strange, especially since I've really up'ed my cardio workouts A LOT in the last 2 weeks.

The moment I awoke, I decided to weigh myself, before I used the restroom. I then went to the restroom then weighed myself again. OMG it said I lost just about 2 kilos (4.4 lbs) in water....no way...

I had to stop by the doctor's office to fill out some paperwork, and asked if I could borrow his scale. He said sure and weighed me in at 83 kilos (182.6 lbs!!!) He told me to throw away my scale and to weigh myself weekly, no charge of course, at his office.

YIPEE!!!!

Replies

• goldenreef
    Options
    What great news I got today!!!! I will start at the beginning. When I started this weight loss journey, I went to the doctor for a checkup. The scale said I weighed 92 kilos, 202.4 lbs. Well I bought a digital scale (the doctor's is analog) and didn't weigh myself right away.

After 3 weeks, I noticed I wasn't loosing as much weight as I thought I was. I mean I can't really see it when I look in the mirror, but I noticed my clothes were fitting much looser. Anyway, this morning I decided I would try a little experiment with the scale to see if was really off. It seems I've been stuck and moving between 86 and 88 kilos. I felt this strange, especially since I've really up'ed my cardio workouts A LOT in the last 2 weeks.

The moment I awoke, I decided to weigh myself, before I used the restroom. I then went to the restroom then weighed myself again. OMG it said I lost just about 2 kilos (4.4 lbs) in water....no way...

I had to stop by the doctor's office to fill out some paperwork, and asked if I could borrow his scale. He said sure and weighed me in at 83 kilos (182.6 lbs!!!) He told me to throw away my scale and to weigh myself weekly, no charge of course, at his office.

YIPEE!!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

After 3 weeks, I noticed I wasn't loosing as much weight as I thought I was. I mean I can't really see it when I look in the mirror, but I noticed my clothes were fitting much looser. Anyway, this morning I decided I would try a little experiment with the scale to see if was really off.

YIPEE!!!!

throw it away....you have a smart doctor
    that will be $25.00
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    that is great news haha!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I knew those things were a bunch of rotten liars!!:laugh: Good work!!! Congratulations on the weight loss and not letting that lying scale get you down! WOO HOO!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You're under 200lbs!! Shut up! Tha'ts great!! congratulations on your success story!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh I cant wait to be under 200 lbs! Way to go!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!