Purex Commercial

Options
sarabear
sarabear Posts: 864
Talking about commericals, the dunkin donuts one got me thinking about this.....

So this commercial came on a couple of years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUz5cfwmEFU

on Nick, when Nick Jr was on, and my daughter, 7 at the time is like MOM THERE IS A NAKED MAN ON TV! I wrote a letter to them, not too crabby, but if they are going to air this commerical then it should be on another channel or late at night, when kids are not watching. I monitor what my kids watch and Dora isn't the time for this! I think others complained because I hadn't seen it since that one time. I was like what did they turn on especially since it was at like 7:30am! I think that sex and food is sold to kids, unfortunately. But then who are the kids getting their money from? And what kid wants to buy laundry detergent???lol

Replies

• sarabear
    Options
    Talking about commericals, the dunkin donuts one got me thinking about this.....

So this commercial came on a couple of years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUz5cfwmEFU

on Nick, when Nick Jr was on, and my daughter, 7 at the time is like MOM THERE IS A NAKED MAN ON TV! I wrote a letter to them, not too crabby, but if they are going to air this commerical then it should be on another channel or late at night, when kids are not watching. I monitor what my kids watch and Dora isn't the time for this! I think others complained because I hadn't seen it since that one time. I was like what did they turn on especially since it was at like 7:30am! I think that sex and food is sold to kids, unfortunately. But then who are the kids getting their money from? And what kid wants to buy laundry detergent???lol
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    I know what you mean about getting upset with some commercials. I dont usually mind most of them but Fruit of the Loom last year upset me. They had two adds about the same time. One had thin models and the fruit guys were dreaming about how wonderful they were.
    The second was for larger women, it showed the fruit guys reading letters about how grateful the women were that there were undergarments that would fit them and they were sending apple pies and the guys looked embaressed.
    I was so mad. why is it that if you are a larger woman you could not be preceved as beautiful? I thought the women they did show were very beautiful and it just made me mad to see it.
  • sarabear
    Options
    punks, and we wonder why our children have bad body images???
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    yeah. - I can't tell you how many letters I have written to networks about their ads that they show. When my son was little cartoon network actually aired a Playboy Channel ad... I was SOOO angry that the cable company got a letter, Cartoon Network got a letter and so did the Playboy channel.

My son is 11 now and what frustrates me the most now is that you never know what movies are going to be advertised. I'll preface this with - we are a Christian family. We like to watch American Idol as a family - I find it really disturbing that they're showing ads for "The Haunting in Connecticut"... the ads are scary - and more frustrating to me is the use of the childhood prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep". If a show is likely to be viewed by children the ads should be "child friendly" - just my opinion.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    double post
  • sarabear
    Options
    I agree, the commercials should have rating like the shows do, if they don't match or have a lower rating, pg-13 show = pg-13, pg, or g rated commercials, what's wrong with these corporations? Oh yeah they are worried about money and not children's minds.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    funny commercial but so not what a kid needs to see.
  • sarabear
    Options
    I know people don't think that kids get things, oh they do!