A little help please

Options

Replies

• Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Get a GE toaster oven from Walmart, I use mine for everything, you can bake, broil, toast do virtually anything in it, just plug it in and start cooking. You could broil or bake a chicken breast, I did that today doesn't take long and alot better for you.. That toaster oven cost around $50.
    Good luck!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I love subway, but I don't think my Chicken and Bacon Ranch on Italian is best. I haven't had a salad at McDonald's in years, I'll try to go back to them instead of my McChicken. I have no where to hide snacks. I bought a bunch of protein bars, fruit cups, apple sauce, and shakes, I went on an overnight trip to a friend's place and when I came back home most of my stuff was eaten, same with my bananas :sad:. I had a chest with a pad lock but since we moved to a smaller place I got rid of it.

How do rice cakes taste? I've seen them in Wal-Mart but never picked them up. Can I eat rice cakes and peanut butter?
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask for help and then get defensive and argue with all the advice they are given? Seems like a waste of time...
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Why do people ask for help and then get defensive and argue with all the advice they are given? Seems like a waste of time...
    Life is a waste of time 1/3 of the day
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Life is a waste of time 1/3 of the day
    Well, I think you just explained everything I need to know.
    Maybe others just lurking can learn something.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would suggest reducing the amount of pasta, breads, chips, etc. Increase your complex carbs...the ones that fill you and keep your metabolism running at peak throughout the day. Cut the whole milk out and use low fat or skim, or better yet, unsweetened almond milk. It adds great flavor without all the fat & sugars. Increase your protein and reduce the amount of fat. Ground turkey, ground chicken, fish, lean meats, and protein shakes will fill you and keep you going. Also, spread your food out. You have very little posted, but high carb and high fat. Eat three healthy meals and 3 healthy snacks. Get in your water, didn't see sodas listed on your diary. If you drink them, try to sub at least one bottle of water each day for a soda. They are nothing but empty, useless calories. Best of luck with your weight loss and toning. Keep us informed of your progress.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I would suggest reducing the amount of pasta, breads, chips, etc. Increase your complex carbs...the ones that fill you and keep your metabolism running at peak throughout the day. Cut the whole milk out and use low fat or skim, or better yet, unsweetened almond milk. It adds great flavor without all the fat & sugars. Increase your protein and reduce the amount of fat. Ground turkey, ground chicken, fish, lean meats, and protein shakes will fill you and keep you going. Also, spread your food out. You have very little posted, but high carb and high fat. Eat three healthy meals and 3 healthy snacks. Get in your water, didn't see sodas listed on your diary. If you drink them, try to sub at least one bottle of water each day for a soda. They are nothing but empty, useless calories. Best of luck with your weight loss and toning. Keep us informed of your progress.
    I try a lot of water I force myself to drink 3-4 20oz bottles daily. I end up with headaches, stomach aches, and cramps. But on the good side I get about 1000 steps from just running to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

I tried almond milk and threw it out right after the first sip. I get skim milk whenever Wal-Mart has it in stock. Last few times I went they didn't have the Great Value brand.

Excuses i know I'm full of them
  • kriskaryl
    Options
    I try a lot of water I force myself to drink 3-4 20oz bottles daily. I end up with headaches, stomach aches, and cramps. But on the good side I get about 1000 steps from just running to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

I tried almond milk and threw it out right after the first sip. I get skim milk whenever Wal-Mart has it in stock. Last few times I went they didn't have the Great Value brand.

Excuses i know I'm full of them
  • kriskaryl
    Options
    Sounds like it...sorry, guess you need to rethink your lifestyle and living arrangements...and tell the others to leave your stuff alone. Sounds like they eat enough on their own.
  • StilettoStigma
    Options
    Carbs and dairy. Just try to replace one of your meals with more complex carbs and try almond milk, just to see if it makes a difference. Dairy makes me super bloated, as well as those refined carbs in cereals. :)
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Processed food,nacos.......all bad. Also, look at your sodium. Very very high!!!! I hope your blood pressure is ok. You are eating bad cereal too, if I recall correctly. You are eating a lot of carbs which may not be too bad if you are exercising a lot. I think you really need to look at the quality of your choices. I don't think all calories are created equal. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your food diary but based on what other people are saying maybe your sodium is too high? Most pre-packaged and fast foods have tons. I know MFP sets the daily sodium limit at 2500 but I find for myself if I go much over 1000 my weight the next morning will reflect it. And I'm sorry to hear your family isn't supportive of your attempts to improve your health. Maybe you can try to explain to them how much their support would mean to you. Also if you cannot cook there are plenty of healthy foods that don't require any cooking. Raw fruits, veggies, and nuts. Yogurt, and hummus. I have had great results with a vegan raw food diet, but I really enjoy cooking and like a little more variety so it was hard to stick with long term. I really don't know what to say about your family eating the healthy foods your buy for yourself, I kinda find that odd behaviour. Maybe when you shop you can buy some that is for them too. If you have to dine out definately try some of the healthier options. Most fast food places offer salads and grilled chicken sandwiches.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

I can only eat processed foods unless someone else cooks. In this house it's safer to eat processed than what my mother cooks. I mean a gallon of cooking oil and greasy tacos vs 500 extra mg of sodium.

Why can't you cook? You're eating a lot of fast food and hardly any veggies, fruit, or protein! Fast food is a lot more than 500mg extra sodium, it's fat content and highly processed. It's barely able to be called meat.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

I can only eat processed foods unless someone else cooks. In this house it's safer to eat processed than what my mother cooks. I mean a gallon of cooking oil and greasy tacos vs 500 extra mg of sodium.

Why can't you cook? You're eating a lot of fast food and hardly any veggies, fruit, or protein! Fast food is a lot more than 500mg extra sodium, it's fat content and highly processed. It's barely able to be called meat.

Our oven doesn't work, only 1 eye on the top of the stove works, last time I cooked the kitchen caught on fire. And I'm not talking about like a little flame I'm talking flames hitting the ceiling that destroyed the overhead fan and melted the buttons on the stove as well as destroyed a pot (different stove than we have now...we moved since then).

And I'm not eating THAT much fast food. I could be eating a lot more. Honestly I cut back on my fast food. A hamburger everyone 3 days or less would really set me off that much?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I didn't look at your food diary but based on what other people are saying maybe your sodium is too high? Most pre-packaged and fast foods have tons. I know MFP sets the daily sodium limit at 2500 but I find for myself if I go much over 1000 my weight the next morning will reflect it. And I'm sorry to hear your family isn't supportive of your attempts to improve your health. Maybe you can try to explain to them how much their support would mean to you. Also if you cannot cook there are plenty of healthy foods that don't require any cooking. Raw fruits, veggies, and nuts. Yogurt, and hummus. I have had great results with a vegan raw food diet, but I really enjoy cooking and like a little more variety so it was hard to stick with long term. I really don't know what to say about your family eating the healthy foods your buy for yourself, I kinda find that odd behaviour. Maybe when you shop you can buy some that is for them too. If you have to dine out definately try some of the healthier options. Most fast food places offer salads and grilled chicken sandwiches.
    Explaining anything to my family is like trying to talk your way out of a traffic ticket with a dead body in the seat beside you. It ain't gonna happen. My mother understands why i'm trying to get healthy but she said "We don't count calories, we count fat." After that I stopped trying. Even my friends look at me weird when I go out with them and complain that I can't eat the giant box of fried rice because of the amount of sodium. Giving up stir fry has been the worst thing I ever done, but it needs to be done, right?

And I hate nuts unless they're covered in salt. Plain tasting foods are not my thing and never will be. Sorry to say (not really, I'm never sorry for that I believe in) but I like to taste what goes in my mouth otherwise I'll just spit it out.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Processed food,nacos.......all bad. Also, look at your sodium. Very very high!!!! I hope your blood pressure is ok. You are eating bad cereal too, if I recall correctly. You are eating a lot of carbs which may not be too bad if you are exercising a lot. I think you really need to look at the quality of your choices. I don't think all calories are created equal. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
    I like cereal, guess I have to give that up too...and this is the first night I'll have nachos in god knows when and i haven't even eaten them yet -_-
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Sounds like it...sorry, guess you need to rethink your lifestyle and living arrangements...and tell the others to leave your stuff alone. Sounds like they eat enough on their own.
    Yeah I'll do that when I get $20k to buy my own place
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't come on here asking for help if you're not ready to hear what these people are trying to tell you.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't come on here asking for help if you're not ready to hear what these people are trying to tell you.

I was thinking the same thing :) This is a great resource and the people on here are so wonderful to take their time to help others with advice and share what has worked for them..
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think this post that you made in another topic says it all about you:

Well I get about $6k from refunded tuition money each semester that I have to pay back. I'm not employed mainly due to laziness and not wanting to work retail, food, or anything that would require me to smile at hateful people all day.

But when I DO get my degree in Film I want to make a good sum of money to live a comfortable life. Not trying to be rich, but being able to take at least 1 worry-free vacation a year AND having all bills paid on time would be nice.