need male opinion

Options
mishelnkiki
mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
Ok, so there's this guy I've been crushing on at the gym for about a year now. He flirts like crazy and even connected with my daughter. Here's the issue... I turn to mush around him. So I know a girl that works with and asked her to give him my number. However... she gave me his instead. Should I txt him and say hey? Or leave it b? Not stalking bc I didn't ask for the number. Suggestions? Advice?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Do it.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You've got his number for a reason. Use it.

(sorry, you asked for a male opinion )
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well, if it were me, I'd be flattered you tracked me down. But everyone is different. But hey, whats the worse that could happen? He says no? I have a feeling that wont happen though. GO GET HIM, CHICKIE!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Ok, so there's this guy I've been crushing on at the gym for about a year now. He flirts like crazy and even connected with my daughter. Here's the issue... I turn to mush around him. So I know a girl that works with and asked her to give him my number. However... she gave me his instead. Should I txt him and say hey? Or leave it b? Not stalking bc I didn't ask for the number. Suggestions? Advice?

OMG chick, do it! He obviously likes you. Go for it!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    go for it, if he's a nice guy, he'll respond. I would say this though, a call or better yet, talking in person is 100000000 times better than a text.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Better to do it and regret rather than doing nothing and wondering what if.
  • bloodguilt
    Options

Hmm, Sumo is correct. Better go and shoot him a message or two before someone else does. :-)
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained... better that if it's a no, you know rather than spend time going gooey over him for nothing - and if it's not a no... have a great time exploring! :smile:
  • noemike
    Options
    Totally use it when me and my wife first meet she cut my hair I was crushing on her and flirting then she took my # off my client card and called me I was very excited to get that first call. She had a son also after some dating we got married the rest is history. So I say yes call him !!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Well, if it were me, I'd be flattered you tracked me down. But everyone is different. But hey, whats the worse that could happen? He says no? I have a feeling that wont happen though. GO GET HIM, CHICKIE!

Dittos
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    go for it, if he's a nice guy, he'll respond. I would say this though, a call or better yet, talking in person is 100000000 times better than a text.
    Yep, in person is better.

You should say something like:

"Hey, my name is: (your name). My friend/acquaintance gave me your number because I told her you're kinda cute.
    I thought about texting you but I was afraid you'd think I was a crazy stalker or something. I'm not! *look to the left, now to the right*
    Anyhow, I'd love to know you a bit better. I've seen you around and find you interesting".
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Never let a missed opportunity be your regrets in life.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My opinion is slightly different; you stated that a mutual friend who he works with gave you his number. I would be a little concerned and would want to know if he authorized you to have that information. If he did not authorize this information being shared then there could be some serious breach of employee records and your friend could be in some serious policy violations. If you know that he wanted this information shared and since you turn to “mush” talking to him then send the text and start the conversation otherwise, muster it up and talk to him at the gym and invite him out for a bite to eat with your daughter and you.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    make the move doll, text him, say hi, go for it, if he already flirts with you, he likes yeah, give it a shot.
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I have to agree with the above poster though, a text is flattering, but a phone call would be even more flattering. Good luck!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Call him. Don't text. If you text, you'll be on pins and needles until he textes back. And texts are a terrible way of actually communicating with another person, unless you just want to share a quick message with no emotional attachment, like, "I'm running 5 minutes late."
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Some of us guys can be pretty slow on the uptake. So it's always helpful if the girl makes it perfectly clear that she's interested and available. Because all of us fear rejection and if you make it clear you won't reject his asking you out, he might actually get past the fear that you'll STILL blow him off that he'll do it.

Text him, email him, call him, whatever but don't be coy and subtle. Tell him, "hey, want to grab a smoothie or a horrendously fatting bacon cheeseburger and fries after your next gym session?"

He might say no. It can happen. But then you're no worse off than you are now, right? And more than likely he'll say "uhhh, ummm, ahhhhh, you mean, ummm, like, ummmm, ahhh, you'd ummmm, want to ahhhhhh, go out with mmmmmmm, ahhhhhhh, ummmmm, me??? YES!!! But now I have to go to church every sunday and sing in the choir....."
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Some of us guys can be pretty slow on the uptake. So it's always helpful if the girl makes it perfectly clear that she's interested and available. Because all of us fear rejection and if you make it clear you won't reject his asking you out, he might actually get past the fear that you'll STILL blow him off that he'll do it.

Text him, email him, call him, whatever but don't be coy and subtle. Tell him, "hey, want to grab a smoothie or a horrendously fatting bacon cheeseburger and fries after your next gym session?"

He might say no. It can happen. But then you're no worse off than you are now, right? And more than likely he'll say "uhhh, ummm, ahhhhh, you mean, ummm, like, ummmm, ahhh, you'd ummmm, want to ahhhhhh, go out with mmmmmmm, ahhhhhhh, ummmmm, me??? YES!!! But now I have to go to church every sunday and sing in the choir....."
    LMAO! :laugh:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above post. i would be flatterd to get a text and i would blush full of happyness
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Better to do it and regret rather than doing nothing and wondering what if.

This.