Complete diary estimate of weight?

Options
Does anyone actually find that when you complete your diary and it tells you the weight you will be in 5 weeks that it is actually ACCURATE?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No idea. Every day is not like today, so it doesn't work for me.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The short answer is yes but only if you keep an honest food diary and stick to the limits. Starting form the initial projection make sure that the outturn projecction for each day is around your target.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    No - but the key words are "If EVERY day were like today"

How many of us have the same day everyday? Fluctuations in diet and exercise change potential results.

I think it also depends how much weight you have to lose. Someone who wants to lose 100 pounds will likely be closer to the 5 week prediction than someone trying to drop their last 5.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've never bothered to check, but have friends who've put a note in their diary in 5 weeks. And, barring any falling off the wagon or drastic changes in what they're doing in the meantime, it's been about right.

Edited: Pepper's right that the folks who have more to lose have an easier time losing 1-2 lbs/wk steadily.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually find that when you complete your diary and it tells you the weight you will be in 5 weeks that it is actually ACCURATE?
    It should be based on your correct input.
    That's just a nice way of seeing how your day went and projecting that into the future 5 weeks.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    No idea. Every day is not like today, so it doesn't work for me.
    ^^This^^
    I've noticed that even though my calories are higher then what MFP suggests my weight loss has been more than what the diary says it will be.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it kinda was like that... BUT as I get closer to my goal I WISH I'd weigh that much in 5 weeks, but I know in five weeks I'll be lucky to lose a pound.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    However, adding up all the calories I've consumed versus all the calories I've burned over the 4 months I've been here, I've lost just about what I should have according to MFP's calculations. So that much was accurate for me.