How Did You Get Rid Of Your Stretch Marks?

Options

Replies

• Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tattoos won't cover them hun, it's just ink under the skin, it doesn't change the thickness of the skin or anything that would make them go away. Tanning sometimes makes them show up more, depending on where they are.

I just wanted to say I love you ink!!! Beautiful!

Thank you!! I'm proud I could withstand the pain for so long!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    it is scar tissue but doesnt the lazer treatment remove layers of the skin??
  • tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    maybe tanning would help?

I've found the opposite. My stretch marks have faded, and when I tan, it highlights the difference between the pale stretch marks and the tan skin. I am at the point in my weight loss where I *could* wear a bikini, but I will have to suck it up and come to terms with stretch marks before I can comfortably wear one! Thankfully, I've got a few months before summer! And, my boyfriend did say he'd buy me a bikini as a reward for my hard work, so that will help too!
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Tattoos won't cover them hun, it's just ink under the skin, it doesn't change the thickness of the skin or anything that would make them go away. Tanning sometimes makes them show up more, depending on where they are.

No kidding! I have a pretty large one on my back, not near as big as yours, but yeah, it hurt, and took around 4 hrs to finish! Worth it though. And I am still going to get more!
  • Swampstar
    Options
    It normally bleaches the skin, that's why it works so well on tattoo removal and thread viens etc. I might be wrong though!
  • amiles21693
    Options
    I've got some pretty gnarly ones on my inner thighs, love handles, upper thighs, breast, and calves. ): But I bought a new lotion for like cellulite or something just to see how it would work and it actually helped fade my stretch marks. Its by the Nivea brand but I can't recall the name exactly. I had some like dark purple looking stretch marks and now I can hardly see them at all. (:
  • Swampstar
    Options

No kidding! I have a pretty large one on my back, not near as big as yours, but yeah, it hurt, and took around 4 hrs to finish! Worth it though. And I am still going to get more!

It was my ribs that hurt, or more like the area going from the bottom rib onto the fleshy part! That took around 4.5 hours including the recolour. It was my 4th and definately most painful!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    They won't go away, but they will fade. I can barely see some of mine and I still have more than half way to go to my goal weight. I say accept your "scars" for what it is and love your body.
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't think laser treatment would remove them, it's scar tissue...

They have laser treatments for scars as well.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    I've got some pretty gnarly ones on my inner thighs, love handles, upper thighs, breast, and calves. ): But I bought a new lotion for like cellulite or something just to see how it would work and it actually helped fade my stretch marks. Its by the Nivea brand but I can't recall the name exactly. I had some like dark purple looking stretch marks and now I can hardly see them at all. (:

THANKS!!!!!!
    i need to try that!!!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I use Palmer's Tummy Butter. :)
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been using AVON's Anew stretch mark treatment and it's working pretty good! I didn't tell my husband I had been using it because he just makes fun of me and one day when I was getting out of the shower he said my stretch marks were lighter!
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine have faded to the point where I think you almost have to know exactly where to look to see them sort of thing. It's annoying that they won't ever go away but I think most women have them somewhere, for example, I have friends that have never been overweight that still have them on their boobs or hips from when puberty kicked in. I know that I never sit on the beach and look for them on other people, so I just think that probably means no one will hunt them down on me either hahaha so I don't worry about them too much!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    As many have stated, they do not disappear. Any creams that claim so just want your money. They do fade, a lot. I just accept them as a part of life.
  • Swampstar
    Options
    I don't think laser treatment would remove them, it's scar tissue...

They have laser treatments for scars as well.

I did say I might be wrong!! Lol. They have treatements for EVERYTHING these days, you've just got to ask yourself if it's worth it.
  • JulaMonster
    JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Steer clear of tanning, either by the sun or by self-tanners, as they'll just make them more visible. My son is almost 4, and mine have faded significantly from when they were new, but definitely still there.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You may not be able to see them in pics but you can see them in person, they are there forever!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I will live with mine proudly, they represent two of the best things in my life....my daughters.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I even had stretch marks as a teen, from growing and I was only 110 lbs sooo they are not the worst thing in the world. I have seen many many ppl who are skinny with them. Myself I have tons after 2 kids and I wear them proudly, went through a lot of pain to get those:wink: I also have a scar from the base of my neck down my back down and under my arm, kind of like a giant "J" if not for that scar I would not be here today. So I have learned to love my scars cause they make me, me
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    [quote
    It was my ribs that hurt, or more like the area going from the bottom rib onto the fleshy part! That took around 4.5 hours including the recolour. It was my 4th and definately most painful!
    [/quote]

Well, it is beautiful! I only have 2 right now, getting ready for my next here soon, I can't wait! Just curious, how much did that one cost you?