Overheating?

Options
When I was much fatter and first started to workout, after a workout, I would get really bad stomach pain and would feel like I needed to sit on the toilet, but nothing would come out. Eventually, it would go away after about 15 minutes of sitting with a cold compress with very little clothing on. As I got more in shape/didn't push so hard, this stopped happening, but today it happened again after doing the same workout I have ben doing for 2 weeks. Has this happened to anybofy else?

Replies

• jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've gotten stomach aches as you describe, but I never tried the cold-compress technique. My GF often complains of stomach pains after physical activities. We're both 80+ pounds overweight, so an answer/understanding of this phenomenon might help us keep exercise in our lives.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem a lot. If I was going to be outside in the summer, or working out, I always had a bottle of ice water near by. Either I'd drink it or dump it on my head, but I had to find ways of keeping cool.

I haven't noticed the problem as much lately. I think either my body has adapted, or maybe my hormones have changed. I'm not too sure....
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is from overheating. I have had that happen before and assumed it was just gas.