So hungry today!

Options
My food and exercise diary is open and accessible so I'd appreciate some input.

I've killed off about 2,200 calories this weekend hiking. For some reason, even after I just finished off two cups of Anderson's Split Pea Soup, I am still really hungry....

I know that many people recommend eating back exercise calories and I'm struggling with that although I've eaten back half or less a couple of times.

I'm going back and forth with my trainer on this, so I'd appreciate someone else's opinion. On the weekend, when I'm burning (for me) mega calories, and I find myself truly hungry as I am now, what would be a good rule of thumb?

I'm not seeing significant weight loss, but I have lost 1.3% body fat in a week.

Replies

• TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You could just be dehydrated from your workout! Try drinking a lot of water, or finding something light to snack on!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm really good about getting enough water. I rarely drink anything else--6 ounces of juice here and there.

I went ahead and ate some chicken and rice for dinner and at about 1,300 or so calories, I'm good. It seems that's about how much I went over my 1,200 yesterday as well. So on hiking days, I will likely find that I need to eat back some of my exercise calories.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I personally feel if you are hungry you should eat. Especially if you are working out your body is telling you it needs fuel. You are low on your calories so you have a lot of room there.
  • momonwilson
    Options
    Try nuts and water I swear that greek yogurt has a ton of protein