Anybody who owns the Wii Fit Plus game. :]

I was going to purchase it within a few days based on recommendations. I'd like to hear your opinions on it. Mind you, I'm completely a self admitted couch potato, my laptop is permanently glued to my lap. :embarassed: So, I am a beginner with exercise. I added this tidbit because I've read some reviews where experiences exercisers said it wasn't enough of a challenge. So, because of the couch potato status, would this be a good start?

Do you like this game, and if so, what are your favorite activities?
Do you dislike this game, and if so, what didn't you like about it?

I am terrible with exercising. I need to be mentally stimulated or I just lose interest. I'm thinking interactive exercise might be a good start for me. Then, hopefully I will discover exercise routines that don't make me die with boredom. :tongue:

Replies

• For the Wii I highly reccomend Zumba Fitness 2. I DO NOT reccomend Jillian Michaels ultimate fitness. Quickly lost interest.
    Ive never tried fitness plus. I'd like to hear opinions too ^__^
  • carlos1989
    carlos1989 Posts: 74 Member
    i recommend it as a good starting point on the journey to weight lost... i pretty much do everything on it n it got me in the right direction to losing weight... but after a while tho it does lose the intense factor because after awhile ur body will get used to the exercising on wii fit n have to go to other methods like the gym to get a more intense workout... but for a couch potato like i was it got me going :-)
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    I have used it, and it works. I have EA Active (highly recommend) and just got Zumba 2. I also have Jillian Michael's but it doesn't record your movements very well so I don't use it anymore. It's a good start, but so is making a choice to get off the couch and move your butt :flowerforyou:
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    I have it, but I don't use it very often because it's pretty boring to me.

I mostly use Wii Zumba (I only have the first one, but heard the second is much better) & EA Active Sports 2. They are both good and not too difficult.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 137 Member
    I have the wii fit plus, just did it today, I like it, I'm a couch potato too! I like the step aerobics on it though wish they had more cos I'm good at the advanced now (never been an aerobics person) but I like trying to beat my score so do it over and over again. They have all sorts of fun things on it, I'd recommend it, never seen the Zumba one but I've seen Zumba on tv looks hard to me, maybe I'll try it after I've got into the habit of exercising, starting out slow, don't want to put myself off. Good luck!
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Wii Fit Plus game is ideal if you are normally a couch potato as you can start off really slowly and work up. The more you achieve then you unlock other games/exercises. And it has a bit of everything ... aerobic/balance/strength etc.

I love the ski jumping, so much fun and addictive. The super hula is exhausting. And the super jogging is great asyou can work up to 30 mins of running on the spot, the scenery changes or you can just watch normal tv and hear the wii fit plus game via the handset,

Go have fun and get fit :o)
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    I have the Wii Fit, its ok, I got bored with it real quick. Think I've used it about 3 times in the last year. Saying that, my hubby just bought me the Zumba Fitness 2 and I love it!! I've only had the chance to use it once this week but plan on using it about three or four times this week (I usually workout at home when the hubby works late)
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    I have the wii fit plus. I've lost 50lbs using it and have toned up. I'm one of those people who likes to do things for the sake of a challenge. I like to try to best myself and go as far as I can. I've heard others who say they got bored with it though. I do my cardio off the wii since the cardio on the wii doesn't seem to burn a whole lot of calories.
  • Taj_11x3
    Taj_11x3 Posts: 5 Member
    Got bored of it and dont think it that challenging. I own EA active I and think that is a better workout game. But it is a good game if you want to start off really slow.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    I Love the Advanced Step, Advanced Hula hoop. I love trying to beat my score. Those are my 2 favorite aerobics, but I also do the strength training on it and also the balancing games. I love my wii
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 741 Member
    I love the Wii Fit, especially Super Hula Hop, Kung Fu and Boxing.

I have quite a few other games I love as well including Just Dance and Zumba.
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 467 Member
    If you like Music and Dancing, Zumba 2 all the way and a great way to burn the cals.
    Tried all the rest and they did nothing for me.
    Good Luck....
  • Oh, I'm glad someone posted this cause I'm really keen on getting a wii for the wii fit. I don't get out much so having something to motivate me into moving around and burning some calories would be ideal.

Good to see it'd be worth getting :)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    I have the fit plus. use it about once a week. Have not played enough to get board yet.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Hi there I lost a stone over a period of a year by using the wii fit plus (I didn't chnage my diet at all). It is a great starting point and I still use it now. There is a free step and free jog option where you set it for 10, 20 or 30 minutes and then change the chanel and watch something on tv which works great for me. I also do the hula hoop for 10 minutes and the boxing for 10 minutes. There is also cycling that is a good calorie burner and you can set your own routine with a mix of yoga and muscle moves like lunges and squats to be more area specific. I have been using the wii fit for 2 1/2 years and am not bored yet.
    I also have both Zumba and Zumba II on the wii and love both although I would advise buying II as it is better.
    Hope this helps :smile:
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Like everyone else said, it's great if you aren't really into fitness yet and you are trying to become active. Its better than nothing and the games are really fun. My favorite is the boxing, kung fu, and juggling. Some of the games aren't the best calorie burner but it does help you with balance and posture. The only thing I dont like is that you have to play for a while to burn a signifigant amount of calories. But you can enter a goal into the fit plus and it counts it down for you after every game you play. This way you know how much more you have to burn to get to your daily goal. It takes me about an hour to burn around 140 calories. While with Turbo Fire Dvd's it takes me 15 minutes to burn 160. So it does takes long, but it's fun. I haven't tried it with my HRM yet but im very curious to see if the calories burned is accurate on the Wii fit Plus. It a good starting point but it deffinately cant be used as your only source of excercise. Once you become active with this, eventually you will have to move onto more intense working out. So my opinion is start out with the wii fit plus and when your body becomes used to it, move onto something more active. good luck = )