extreamly hungry today ??? and dont know why

Options
I got up early this morning and I cooked breakfast for the kids and I .. I made oats and I put a cup of oats in my bowl and i had a glass of orange jucie then I got full and couldnt eat it all.. Then about a half hour later I felt like I was starving.. then I ate a special k protein bar and I drank water ... I was still feeling hungry so I ate another protein bar and more water I went to the gym and i was feeling kinda shaky but I drank water and did the elliptiacl for 1 hour and i sipped on my water... Then after the gym I feel like I need to eat a damn horse or a cow so I ate baby carotts.. Help I feel like I am starving... I have at alot and its only 1 pm and I am starving... and I have already ate 700 calories and I have 2 snacks and Dinner ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......... what do I do??????????????????

sheila

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I got up early this morning and I cooked breakfast for the kids and I .. I made oats and I put a cup of oats in my bowl and i had a glass of orange jucie then I got full and couldnt eat it all.. Then about a half hour later I felt like I was starving.. then I ate a special k protein bar and I drank water ... I was still feeling hungry so I ate another protein bar and more water I went to the gym and i was feeling kinda shaky but I drank water and did the elliptiacl for 1 hour and i sipped on my water... Then after the gym I feel like I need to eat a damn horse or a cow so I ate baby carotts.. Help I feel like I am starving... I have at alot and its only 1 pm and I am starving... and I have already ate 700 calories and I have 2 snacks and Dinner ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......... what do I do??????????????????

sheila
  • Lschroeder
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this . But you need to eat things with a lot of fiber, and drink lots of water which you are doing. I don't know what is in the protein bars, but those have never really done much for me. Have you eaten lunch yet?
  • layna1206
    layna1206 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just had the same problem!!! Alot of people replyed, saying it may be a change in your metabolism. Someone suggested eating a handful of almonds or a few crackers if you're into that thing. I do feel like I have more energy lately, and I think it's just because I'm eating.

The other thing I always heard is that sometimes if you're body is dehydrated it's making you think you're hungry, so just make sure you're getting a lot of fluids. Hope this helps!
  • heather93277
    Options
    I have been told that when you feel like you're starving it's because you metabolism has kicked it up a notch... so yay!!! :laugh:

protein always helps me feel & stay full on hunger days... maybe eat something more substantial than a bar?

hang in there :smile:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are doing all the right things...you need to remember that eating breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the day. You should be hungry! That's a good sign. You can eat green veggies that have realtively few calories compared to other choices. Those Special K bars are tasty but really don't do much in terms of satisfying hunger. Almonds will definitely help but they have a high calorie count per serving. You seem to be doing it right. We all have those days!

But remember, an hour on the elliptical is a lot and burns a lot...probably more than the 700 you have already consumed. Eat something to replace 1/2 the calories burned...you can eat tons of green veggies! Yummie!

If you are not eating enough your body will stop buring...
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Protein bars never satisfy me. My dietician said you can never eat too many vegies. She also said to pair everything with a protein--celery and peanut butter, high fiber bread with cashew butter and a banana--really good, a string cheese stick and an apple. I have a feeling that those combinations would keep you more satisfied. I tend to cut a cucumber and snack on that all afternoon, or carrots or the like. That way if I am snacking I feel fulfilled and not nearly as hungry for dinner. I would compare volumetric style what you are eating. For 100 calories what do you get (2 fig newtons compared to 2 oranges) ...then you can spread it out. If you are not hungry after eating a little save it for later.
    Good luck!!:bigsmile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you're not getting full from snacks, you might need more fiber. I don't know how much fiber is in those protein bars but there might not be a lot and it didn't look filling the last time I saw one in the grocery store.

Try a putting together a 100-calorie salad next time; it takes longer to make and will fill you up more than a bar.

Also, if you're not doing so already, add 2 cups of steamed veggies to your dinner (no matter what you're having).
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am commenting on the "shaky" feeling...I too used to get weak/shaky at different times throughout the day, which caused me to want to eat. About 3 weeks ago, I completely cut artificial foods and sweetners out of my diet and that has made a world of difference. Are you adding splenda or something else to your oatmeal?
    I agree with replacing the bars with real food. The fake food and artificial sweetners still cause a spike in blood sugar.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    also commenting on the "shaky" feeling-

that can also come from low blood sugar. When I first saw that you had a big glass of orange juice I thought "yep that could be it", OJ is great vitamin C but if you are diabetic (or even just glucose intolerant, since a lot of overweight people have "metabolic disorder"), the natural sugars in OJ can do crazy things to your blood sugar levels. You could try switching out an orange or 2 for the glass of OJ, that would also fill you up a lot more and would give you fiber, without the inevitable crash from the sugar low after the OJ wears off.

Also, I know the protein bars are convenient but so are lots of (more filling) options, like a piece of fruit and some nuts, or half a PB&J sandwich on whole wheat bread, etc.

EDIT: keep up the good work, an hour on the elliptical is great!

if it is hard for you to eat normal breakfast foods so early, try to think outside of the box for breakfast ideas! You can do anything you want really, break free of the breakfast mold :)
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I've had this feeling ALL week this week. It's been crazy! Started last Friday and except for a day ago, all I really want to do is eat. I've been under relative control (except for Sunday) but it's driving me NUTS. No matter what I do, I still feel hungry - veggies, fruits, trying to get extra sleep (last week I was quite sleep deprived for some odd reason) and water.

And it's not, erm, THAT time as yet....

HELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    From what I've read in your posts, you exercise for multiple hours a day. It won't hurt to eat until you feel satisfied. Note that I didn't say FULL. Satisfied means that, after 20 minutes, you are no longer hungry. I allow myself to do this on days that I'm so hungry I actually feel uncomfortable, and will usually just need to eat enough to be around maintenance calories. If it's an ongoing problem, it might be time to re-evaluate your caloric expenditure versus your intake. This isn't a race, and overdoing activity while drastically undereating will lead to overuse injuries and a difficult time maintaining fat loss.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

sheila

More protein!! Oats + OJ = pretty much all carbs. That will not keep you satisfied. Add protein to each meal, and the protein bars from Special K are not really the best choice. Try some nuts, cottage cheese, higher protein yogurt, etc. Also, 700 cals and burning a lot on the elliptical is a bit low. I did an hour on the elliptical this morning and burned close to 600 cals. So no wonder you are starving, you really are!!!

Jess
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i usually just distract myself or drink water hahah lame but it works annnd eat ice haha
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    i :heart: the 100cal minibags of popcorn. when ever i get that starving feeling, i start chowing down on that and usually half way through the bag im not hungry anymore...and give the rest to my son he :heart:s it too.
  • mmdaddow
    mmdaddow Posts: 3
    Options
    Try Fiber one bars and water ..... if that doesnt help try fruit...... always remember eating healthy and watch you cal intake...sometime that 50 cal compared to the other bar might be better to fill you...change up ur diet cause once your body use to it .... hunger can happen. Fiber is good for u and might help u fill up better
  • mmdaddow
    mmdaddow Posts: 3
    Options
    Try Fiber one bars and water ..... if that doesnt help try fruit...... always remember eating healthy and watch you cal intake...but sometime that 50 cal compared to the other bar might be better to fill you...change up ur diet cause once your body s use to it .... hunger can happen. Fiber is good for u and might help u fill up better...
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    From what I've read in your posts, you exercise for multiple hours a day. It won't hurt to eat until you feel satisfied. Note that I didn't say FULL. Satisfied means that, after 20 minutes, you are no longer hungry. I allow myself to do this on days that I'm so hungry I actually feel uncomfortable, and will usually just need to eat enough to be around maintenance calories. If it's an ongoing problem, it might be time to re-evaluate your caloric expenditure versus your intake. This isn't a race, and overdoing activity while drastically undereating will lead to overuse injuries and a difficult time maintaining fat loss.

I feel slightly relieved to see you post this SBS. I didn't eat till full, just to satisfied, but I felt guilty about it. I craved sugar on Saturday and did "pig out" a bit on gluten-free donuts, but not all at once. They weren't large (most GF stuff isn't!).

It's just been since the time I mentioned. VERY disconcerting! My HRM says I burn around 700 extra calories on days I do gym and ballet (or two classes in a row, which I have once a week), and about 400 on the ballet alone days. I've been worried about eating more than that because I am desperate to lose those last few pounds. Granted, I still have loads of time to lose them, but it's frustrating, just the same.