Ideas for breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually do:
    1/2-1c cereal (Kashi Go Lean, Special K, or similar -- look for one with extra protein to keep you full)
    1 container (6oz) carbmaster yogurt (you can use greek, or whatever you like)
    sliced banana or handful of other sliced fruit (berries, etc.)

Mix and enjoy!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I love me a warm breakfast so I like breakfast burritos with salsa and egg cups. You can make them the night before and put them in the freezer then pop them in the oven or microwave. Tasty, tasty and very filling.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    toasted whole wheat bagel thin with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter with sliced strawberries. Yum!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    i go for high protein breakfasts to keep me full. they're not low cal (around 400 usually) but i also eat about 1600 calories a day or more.

some of my favorites are an egg white omelette with green bell peppers, onion, shredded cheese, and ground turkey; a skinny wheat bagel with turkey, egg whites, and cheese; or if i need a quick breakfast i grab an atkins peanut butter protein bar (1 g of sugar and 19 g of protein, not too shabby) and a greek yogurt.
  • lou1105
    lou1105 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas, i'll be sure to give them ago! :)
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    2 eggo waffles w/ syrup and any fruit you like sometimes I will sprinkle some granola on top as well. Yummmmm
  • thickmomma0519
    Options
    I absolutely cannot stand oatmeal. I like cereal, but not all cereal tastes good when in milk. This morning I had honey combs without the milk. I must say, I'm still full and it tasted a heck of alot better than adding milk. I still had enough calories left over for a protein shake or something small.
  • scampbellx
    Options
    wholemeal toast, cereal, oatmeal with a tablespoon of honey and blueberries and walnuts x
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    These have become my easy standbys:

1. Plain instant oatmeal, 1/3 cup of craisins, 230 calories. Great before morning workout.

2. humus 4 tbs., 5 celery sticks, 180 calories

3. 5 celery sticks, 4 tbs. jalapeno greek yogurt, 140 calories
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I add silvered almonds (1/8c) to my oatmeal to change the taste. Sometimes I add blueberries (1/3c). Lately, I have started making my oatmeal with Almond milk. This changes it up for me and allows me to continue with the oatmeal which really fills me up.
  • Scottnichola
    Options
    Cook Quinua with the same part of apple juice as you would the water. Put in dried cranberries when is it cooked...

I also like Greek yogurt with banana or apples, or some type of heavy fiber cereal mixed in instead of milk.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Egg/egg beaters wrapped in a high fiber tortilla (maybe turkey sausage in there too, sometimes) or maybe peanut butter on rye toast? Those are two of my favorites....besides the oatmeal that I eat almost every day.
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention walnuts. I add 1/4 c to my oatmeal. And to quote a website, "Walnuts may be considered the king of nuts for health benefits, with a combination of more healthful and higher quality antioxidants, U.S. researchers say."

"Walnuts rank above peanuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios and other nuts," Joe Vinson of the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania said in a statement. "A handful of walnuts contains almost twice as much antioxidants as an equivalent amount of any other commonly consumed nut.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2011/03/28/7-walnuts-a-day-deliver-health-benefits/UPI-93441301365744/
  • hphm420
    hphm420 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    On the weekends i make egg cupcakes that last all week.

fill each cupcake holder with what you want (healthy) . i did:

spinach, ground turkey, and mushroom in each one. fill the rest with egg. bake at 350 until cooked. You can grab one every day and microwave them.

2nd:

Honey wheat flax waffles topped with Natural smuckers peanut butter, and bananas.

I LOVE this idea!!!
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    I like to take a body wise wrap with a bit of PB and a banana. :) Super quick and easy!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention walnuts. I add 1/4 c to my oatmeal. And to quote a website, "Walnuts may be considered the king of nuts for health benefits, with a combination of more healthful and higher quality antioxidants, U.S. researchers say."

"Walnuts rank above peanuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios and other nuts," Joe Vinson of the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania said in a statement. "A handful of walnuts contains almost twice as much antioxidants as an equivalent amount of any other commonly consumed nut.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2011/03/28/7-walnuts-a-day-deliver-health-benefits/UPI-93441301365744/

Great idea on the walnuts. I have to do more research to see if I can have them with my diverticulosis. One doctor says no, the other yes. Right now I'm having my oatmeal with a cubed apple.
  • Scottnichola
    Options
    You can put about a half a scoop of protein power in your oatmeal. YELLOW grits cooked into Polenta served with poached eggs and a dash of cayenne .....
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake on days im tight on time
    I usually Throw a scoop of protein, a banana, some chocolate soy milk and peanut butter in a blender.
    or Multigrain waffles. Or sometimes Ill have 2 egg whites, one whole egg with a slice of whole wheat/whole grain bread
  • dharju
    dharju Posts: 12
    Options
    On the weekends i make egg cupcakes that last all week.

fill each cupcake holder with what you want (healthy) . i did:

spinach, ground turkey, and mushroom in each one. fill the rest with egg. bake at 350 until cooked. You can grab one every day and microwave them.

2nd:

Honey wheat flax waffles topped with Natural smuckers peanut butter, and bananas.
  • dharju
    dharju Posts: 12
    Options
    i did this and yum! i used ham and onion an broccoli and using th recipes calculator it was only 50 cal each!!! yum