9 Months in - 76 pounds gone

Options
Yep- went from a 305 pound slug that needed the wifes help to get off the couch to 226 pounds training for my first half marathon. I now go to the gym 6 days per week, walk at lunch 5 days per week, take krav maga 4 days per week, and run everywhere. I no longer take the elevator at work (unless injured) and opt for 7 flights of stairs instead. I have now run two 5K's and have two more planned along with a 10k before my half marathon in June. In October is a Tough Mudder for me and my gym/krav/training partner Vegamy.

I am on a strength building program designed for me by a friend and in 6 months my body fat percentage went from 34% in September, to 30% in December to 24.3% at the end of January (or basically 174 pounds of muscle to 52 pounds of fat). Bicep curls have gone from 15 pound weights to 30 pounders, chest presses from 60 pounds to 110, and so on. Went from holding a good plank position for less then 10 seconds to 47 seconds. And I can almost due correct push-ups!

I am now a vegetarian (3+ months clean and sober from bacon!)

Pants went from a tight 58 to a 42 and dropping, shirt from XXXL to XL. My hope is to get back into size 36 pants and a medium or large shirt- some of this will depend on how much I bulk up with my lifting program (and I dont want a lot of bulk- I want to be strong and fast for krav maga).

Recent "Oh Wow- cant believe I did that" include running 6 miles today in 1 hour and 20 minutes- not Olympic times to be sure but I havent run 6 miles in like... ever... I am still kind of stunned at it. And I felt good at the end so I think I will be ok for a half marathon! Add in the fact I now have muscles- like real biceps, definition in my back and the beginning of seeing abs and I'm pretty fooking stoked.

Here are the pics:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Merkatrig/progress4.png

sorry but the img itself wont fit- I wish MFP would fix this pic problem....

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!