MFP pre-set foods

Options
So, I eat Caesar salads all the time ....... but the the one I usually check, never adds fiber. I can't imagine that romaine lettuce has zero fiber. I also had a little sample of pork ribs yesterday and it didn't add any protein points....... I'm confused :/ Maybe I should be taking the long way. Rather than searching the name of the restaurant, should I use ingredients?

Replies

• tataliciousd89
    Options
    Some people don't add in everything and some packaging doesnt include everything. For instance spinach has a buttload of potassium, but most bagged spinach mixes don't include potassium counts on their packaging so when someone enters it in the database and you use the one they added it wont show any potassium even though there is plenty. I would look it up online yourself and enter it into your foods so you know it is right.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It might have been entered into the system wrong. If it's a restaurant, I suggest double checking it on that place's website. If it really is wrong you can correct the entry here on MFP. If you don't feel like all that extra work (and I sure don't blame you!) than I guess manual. The only problem with that is that restaurants usually have stuff in their food that you don't think would be in there.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have found that there are multiple entries and try hard to pick the best match. I have found that using a smart phone and scanning the barcodes is a great way to get things right too. Sometimes you just can't. Always eat a little less than total shows just in case.
  • Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, I work at Texas Roadhouse..... and I try and eat only "clean" items. Which is why I have our caesar salad so often. Maybe I'll just start piecing it together manually. Rather than being lazy :)
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The first time I make an entry into my food diary...I check the packaging to see if it is a correct entry on MFP. The entry then lands up in my most used/recent tabs...so I know I am using the same, correct entry.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Once you enter all of the ingredients you can save it under "my meals" then just click on that next time.