Fitbit telling me to burn 2184 total calories a day...is thi

Options
My new fitbit is set to 2184 calories I should burn each day. I usually blow all the other goals away but I find it hard to burn 2184. Is this a healthy amount to burn for a small person or am I just lazy?

Thanks!

Replies

• Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Btw, I've only eaten 1400 calories so far today...
  • Lanna74
    Options
    bump....
  • Ainohikari
    Ainohikari Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound right at all. BUMP
  • Lanna74
    Options
    Crap I was wrong. I've only eaten 1100 cals so far. Time to go back into the kitchen!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Fitbit isn't syncing with MFP today...at least not for me.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Way too many!
  • sylversno
    sylversno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You know, I wonder if that is the default amount! "2184" cuz that is what mine was too... But I rounded it to 2200 :) It takes the whole day to burn it, but you can do it! ;) And it's good motivation to keep moving!! Good luck!
  • sylversno
    sylversno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh and it is a healthy amount.. you burn calories doing absolutely nothing.. As they say "based on a 2,000 calorie diet" you know.. Fitbit bases that amount off of the specs you plugged in, i.e. height weight age.. so in order to get weight loss, you need to create that deficet.. hope that helps ;)
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    Some of the goals are set to a default unless you change them. Just change it to what you accomplish on a good day. How realistic that goal is for you would depend in part on your age, size and gender as it is total for the day including your bmr estimate.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it include your BMR calories so it's really you burn the extra? You also burn calories as you move plus it's not all "real exercise calories" it's everything for a 24 hours period. Don't forget you will still be accumulating calories as you sleep up until midnight. My goal is 2407 and if I exercise for an hour during the day I can usually reach it.