How much weight do I need to lose?

Options
Always hard to say. I am 48 and weigh 195. All comments welcome !

Replies

• JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Height?
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Your guess is probably better than mine.
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used my BMI to figure out my goal weight. I typed in my height and weight and picked the number that was in the middle of the healthy range.
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 to 6 3
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    looking at your profile, you seem pretty fit (if that's current) so maybe 5-10lbs at most? You have final say though since you know your body better than anyone here!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    that tall and only weight 195. I'd say you have nothing to lose in pounds. Maybe just replace some body fat with muscle. Try weight training you'll look smaller but I think your weight is fine for your height and you don't have a tummy at all.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you probably don't need to lose lbs... just tone up. Go to the gym, they have plenty of equipment to help in toning!
  • 13nicholas
    Options
    I would like to see my abs.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Especially since you're male you have to decide how much muscle tone you want. BMI isn't accurate if you have more muscle definition/bigger muscles. The most successful men I have seen on here get to a healthy weight based on BMI then focus on Fat Percentages to reach a muscularity level they like
  • 13nicholas
    Options
    I'm doing P90x2.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Are you eating "clean"? I am told that is the way to see ab definition
  • 13nicholas
    Options
    Not today but much better. I want to see some of my abs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Not today but much better. I want to see some of my abs.

Then the question should not be how much weight you need to lose. It should be body fat.

What is your current BF%? Figure that out and work from there as its the only way you should be tracking your progress. :) work on changing body composition- not "weight".

Best of luck!