Sick and tired....

Options
Literally. I have been really sick with whatever this bug is that is going around and I have been eating less than 500 calories a day (yes, I know it's not healthy). All I have been able to eat is soup and jello. Anyone have any recommendations for something other than those two, that is a fairly light food (meaning not heavy like mashed potatoes kind of thing). I can't seem to think of anything and I really need to get some strength back.

Replies

• mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Literally. I have been really sick with whatever this bug is that is going around and I have been eating less than 500 calories a day (yes, I know it's not healthy). All I have been able to eat is soup and jello. Anyone have any recommendations for something other than those two, that is a fairly light food (meaning not heavy like mashed potatoes kind of thing). I can't seem to think of anything and I really need to get some strength back.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    What about bananas and oatmeal? They both pack lots of nutrients that your poor depleted body needs, and they are nice and soft. Also, take some vitamin C with your meals.

I sure hope you get better soon :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    soup, orange juice, cranberry juice, crackers, yoghurt, sliced up apples :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    applesauce is good too, and yogurt?
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, the good kind with live active cultures, it puts the good bacteria back into your body, especially if it is a stomach bug. Good luck.
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I forgot about applesauce....I think I'll go raid my son's stash...lol.

Thanks for the input. I'm making a list to send hubby to the store later. :laugh:
  • OregonGirl80
    Options
    When I have a stomach bug, the only stuff I can eat is buttered toast and apple juice. Everything else will make me sick.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i know gatorade and powerade have all the sugars, but drs still recommend to keep you hydrated when you're sick. you could try the pedialytes too.
    popsicles, otter pops
    hot water with lemon and honey

it's most important to stay hydrated. feel better :flowerforyou: